F O R T Y - O N E

The day she woke up from her dorm, she felt different. Her heart was heavy and so was her eyes. She couldn't believe that he's gone. The boy she considered him as her brother is now gone from this world. The boy she was happy with is no longer here to cheer her up. The boy she loved so much is no longer in her arms, not able to hug him one more time.

Her eyes fluttered opened, blinking three times to fix her eye sight. She felt nothing, but sadness filled in her heart. Y/n had a dream about him and it was the most amazing realistic dream she ever dreamt. In her dream, Cedric is alive and well, laughing with her as the two of them stood at the balcony of the astronomy tower.

But the moment she woke up. It was gone. Everything went back to normal.

She looked up and hoped she was with Cedric right now, hugging him tight. Meanwhile, on the other side of the bed, Hermione and Ginny looked at her with a sad expression on their faces. They did everything to cheer her up, but none of their ideas worked. Y/n appreciated it but all she the wanted now is to be left alone.

Ginny went beside to y/n, handling her a letter from her parents. Y/n nodded and opened the envelope.

Dear y/n,
Your father and I heard the news about Cedric, and we both know that that you're having a hard time right now. With everything that happened these past few days, we wanted to let you know that we are always here to look out for you. No matter what happens.

Y/n, I know that you love Cedric as much as we do, but don't you ever blame it on yourself. You did nothing wrong, but to love and support him with all your heart. He's an angel now, love. Cedric is now an angel, flying above to guide you. He love you so much and you know that. Be strong, my love. We will see you soon. xx

Y/n cried when she read the part that Cedric is now an angel. She knew that he was already an angel, but she wasn't expecting that him to go to heaven. She cried once more, placing her head on Ginny's shoulder. Hermione went beside them, giving y/n a water.

"Thank you," mumbled y/n, placing her mug on the table beside her bed. Hermione gave her a small smile and continued to soothe her back.

Hermione looked at Ginny, giving her a look to tell y/n to eat breakfast with them, along with the twins, Ron, and Harry as well. Ginny sighed and opened her mouth.

"Would you like to join us for breakfast?" asked Ginny, hoping that y/n would say yes.

Y/n looked down, contemplating to herself whether she wanted to stay with them or not. A part of her was telling her to not go with them, but with that puppy's eye look of Hermione and Ginny was making her decision difficult. She knew that Ron and Harry were worrying her that much, and that is why she finally decided to show them that she's breathing.

"Yes," sighed y/n, giving them a small smile. Both Hermione and Ginny squealed in happiness. Ginny was glad that y/n is now finally coming out from her dorm. Ever since the news spread out about Cedric, a lot of people from their dorm kept on asking where y/n went or like ask if she's okay. They were all kind and treated y/n like she wasn't out casted at all. In short, all of them were there for y/n.

Shortly after, the three girls made their way to the great hall. Whilst they were walking, a random hufflepuff student came up to them, handling y/n a sunflower bouquet. Y/n titled her head and gave the girl a questioning look.

"Why did you gave me this?" asked y/n, pointing at the bouquet.

"On behalf of my house... We wanted to give this to cheer you up because Cedric would've wanted to see you happy right now," said the hufflepuff student, playing with her hand.