Eight. Jiang Wanyin

Friday.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian placed his ink pen on the table as he stretched his back against the chair. Sitting across the room is Lan Wangji quietly completing copying the GusuLan rules as part of his punishment. "Tonight is the last night of your detention."

"Mn," Lan Wangji replied without pausing from scribbling on his note.

It has been more than a month since the detention started. Due to Lan Wangji often getting called for school trips or other matters, he only really showed up for detention three times a week for about one or two hours, and this also depends whether Wei Wuxian is free.

Finally, after a month, Lan Wangji had the Friday freed up to finish copying the GusuLan rules.

Wei Wuxian stood up and walked over to Lan Wangji's table. He pulled a seat, dragging it along the floor that drew Lan Wangji's attention to look away from his note, "Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian smiled.

Lan Wangji had not been so successful in getting himself get used to the professor's smile. Perhaps there is just no getting used to it. That smile always goes straight to his chest, no matter the situation. "Yes, Professor Wei?"

"Since you've been an excellent student for completing your detention," Wei Wuxian started, drawing his hand out from his back and pushed a piece of paper on Lan Wangji's table. The paper is presented upside down, so Lan Wangji couldn't tell what is on it. "That's a reward." He explained.

Lan Wangji hesitantly looked away from Wei Wuxian as he picked up the paper, flipped it and saw that it is a hand-drawn art of what looked like a male in traditional Chinese clothes, somewhat similar to what his GusuLan ancestors would wear. Staring closely at the face of the person drawn on the paper, he looked up surprised to see that Wei Wuxian had painted him. "This is..."

Wei Wuxian beamed, "Inspired by Lan Wangji, you know, the character you were named after," He said this with a dissatisfied look on his face as he resumed, "When I was looking for materials to work on when I was covering GusuLan Sect with the first years, I was a bit disappointed with the images of Lan Wangji. They didn't draw him well enough on those textbooks – I mean, isn't he meant to be that handsome?"

"..."

"...so, for some reason, whenever I come across his character in any of the materials for discussion, all I can see is your face. That started when I finally met you back in Director Lan's office. Isn't it amazing? You fit the character too well, you're basically him—hmmp!"

Lan Wangji stared at Wei Wuxian intently as he casted the Silencing Spell on him, and he felt ridiculous having to do it because the more that Wei Wuxian talks, the more that he loses control, his chest beginning to tighten like he couldn't breathe properly.

"You're seriously driving me insane," He whispered, his hand reached for the professor's chin, brushing his fingers on the other's lips before quickly undoing the Silencing Spell.

"Mmh- Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian's eyes widened, couldn't tell what has happened there but rather than getting weirded out, or frightened, it felt more than common to him – that on its own is strange.

And those fingers that were just on his lips felt hot, he longed for it more.

Lan Wangji now stared at the drawing the professor rewarded him. So, this is what Wei Wuxian was working diligently on his table every night on his detention. He remembered that Wei Wuxian mentioned that he loves to draw and paint but didn't pursue it professionally, but now that Lan Wangji had seen his talent on it, he kind of wished that the professor went ahead in this line of work.