Chapter 13(Hero Vs Antagonist)

...*sigh*
Fine, screw it.

Anyway, this is another step forward in my plan. She now...probably starts to at least trust me and will listen to my suggestion at the very least. Now the problem is the prince of Kins. He will be my plan's biggest obstacle excluding Lupis.

The prince, Orland, is known to be a prodigy and he is also in love with Lupus.
I am not going to start a soap opera with him but I can use him to increase Lupus's affection against me.
No...in love is the wrong word. If Orland truly is in love with Lupus, why would he plot against Lupus?

I smirk.

This guy is planning something interesting.

"Sir."
A knight broke my train of thought.
I look at him and wondered if he has any good skills.
"The king would like an audience with you. The hero chosen by Kins will also be present."

The hero of Kins huh...okay interesting. I haven't met her in my previous life but I heard rumours of how strong she is.

"Okay," I say. "Lead the way."

Kin's humongous castle stands out in many different ways. Giant magic crystals are floating around, etc.

Kins is more economically developed than Lupis but Lupis is stronger when it comes to the military.

In the castle, there is a huge crowd. Many adventurers are registering for quests and some are collecting rewards. The biggest guild in Kins is created by the King himself with his daughter, Sylvia, as the representation of Kins. She is also the hero chosen.

I follow the escorting knight to the main throne and outside, Lupus is standing there sweating. She seems to have something on her mind.

Once she sees me, she smiles and waves at me.
"You are finally here! Let's go!"

From that point, nothing interesting really happened.
The King is surprising respectful towards me and that pissed Orland but he didn't do anything for now. Sylvia also did not show any sign of hostility towards me but she was staring at me.

So the king just addressed the issues about politics which I don't care for now and had a little chat with Lupis.
That's all.

I wanted to use the rest of the day to continue planning but something interesting finally came.

Sylvia is knocking on my assigned room door.
I open it and she says "I'm sorry for disturbing you at such a late time, may you please follow me...i have some things I want to talk to you about."

Suspicious...but okay.

I nod.

I sneak out of the castle with her to a nearby forest.
We walk deeper and deeper into the woods until she stops.
"This should be far enough."
she immediately draws her sword at me and her whole atmosphere changes.

"What's the meaning of this?"
"You are not a hero," says Sylvia. "Or should I say, your personality doesn't befit being a hero."

...

"What do you mean?"
"Stop trying to pretend. I can see through you. Your true personality is cruel and he enjoys killing a lot."
"And how do you know that?"
"I have a skill that determines the aura of someone. Your aura...is completely black."

I smirk.

"Thanks, that gives me all the reason to kill you."
That line threw Sylvia off and I immediately grabbed her sword and shatter it.

"You-"
I did a little punch to her stomach and she vomited out blood. Seriously...that was just a light punch.
I heard her armour and sword is made by a top-notch blacksmith but it's broken so easily just like that.

She falls to her knees and looks up with despair in her eyes.
"How are you so...strong?"
"You reap what you sow," I say while smiling. "It is your worse mistake, inviting me out."