02

He found himself sitting in the room which would have filled him with nostalgia if he hadn't lost his childhood to atrocity. He was in Wen household and it hadn't changed much since last time he visited. He saw Yubin peeking through the door, it reminded him of the time when they were little and would peek through the roof top door. 

.

.

.

[Flashback]

"Gege?" A small voice came from the door hole.  it soon  died down when there was no response. After some time, the little kid peeked through the door to see the cause of  the silence and he teared up on seeing the sight of his gege. 

"Aiya! why are you crying?" Xiao Zhan pulled out the  little kittens out of the hole. Paul Yubin started crying and Ji Li followed after. Zhucheng stood firmly, sniffing his nose while trying his best to hold back the tears. They had gone far yet again. 

The bullies had cut Xiao Zhan's clothes till they were barely holding on, even his PE uniform was barely recognizable. They could see the vulgar words marked on his face and what's more they even destroyed his bag. There was no way he would be able to explain that to Shijie.

Xiao Zhan took out snacks again, this time chocolate bars to help the 2nd graders gain their energy. The little Ji Li sobbed while eating his chocolate bar,

"Da-ge is going to pick me up today, I will ask him to beat those bad boys." 

Xiao Zhan smiled and ruffled his hair, 

"There is no need to worry. Now you go back and hide while I borrow some clothes from nurse's office." 

And they crawled back to the roof through the hole. It broke Xiao Zhan to keep them trapped when they should be enjoying their golden years of childhood. But he had to protect his little brother and his friends otherwise the bullies would target them. 

It was after school hours and there were only few students available in the school, none the less they all saw how Xiao Zhan looked with barely covering clothes. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't hide himself and the embarrassment was on its peek. All the students were aware that Xiao Zhan was the punching bag for the bullies and they didn't dare defend him, some even  heaved a sigh because as long  was Xiao Zhan was their toy, the bullies wouldn't look any other  way. And maybe that was the reason that no body dared to complain to the  teachers, even if somebody wanted to they were hushed by the other students, besides they were too young and anything powerful scared them.

Xiao Zhan sneaked into the nurse's office and borrowed some clothes. He silently put them and head out but the luck wasn't on his side. He saw the boy standing in front of  the nurse's office with the pissed off face. Xiao Zhan jolted a bit but on realizing that he was alone, Xiao Zhan dashed through the hallway. He heard his name being shouted as the bully ran behind him. Xiao Zhan was thinking of  the  little ones. He made sure that he led the bully away from the room top and they stopped at the back of the school. 

Xiao Zhan was already beaten before and his new injuries made it hard for him to run any faster, even some of the wounds started to bleed  again. A hand grabbed his shoulders and  he  almost yelled. 

It was Wang Yi Zhou  -- Ji Li's older brother. Xiao Zhan looked in the distance and after confirming that the bully wasn't there, he finally let down his guard. Xiao Zhan bowed to greet the senior and told him to wait at the gate so he could bring his little brother out. 

Xiao Zhan made sure that nobody followed him as went to the roof top. He called out,

"A- Cheng! Ji Li! Yubin! come out!" and they crawled out after hearing their names.