Chapter 35: Shadow of Naginata Blades

The second day, Saito Hajime came home with fewer wounds and Soma asked what happened, only to found out Kaozue was beaten badly but not to the extent of sending him to a hospital. The third day, Saito did not have any new bruises on his face and said Kaozue have been going easy on him that he won the spar. On the fourth day, Saito have his cheek punched greatly by Kaozue and Yun Ren Xie furiously cursed Kaozue openly but it made Saito titter. The fifth day have come and Kaozue won the spar for today.

She thought the characters are not following the plot anymore! It should have been a draw for all the five days but why is Saito and Kaozue won each spar?

All those five days, Yun Ren Xie ordered Baoshi to watch out every step of Hijikita. She was also thinking about Saito's cooking which she missed a lot. "Ishi, let's go shop at the market." she said and stood up from her bed.

"Miss Soma, the young master told me you should not go out."

"Argh! Im so bored okay? I dont want to rot here! Also, brother wont find out. He said every morning he trains his comrades within the grounds and he only return if its eleven. We still have three hours anyway."

Ishi can only sigh and led her miss to the market. Yun Ren Xie was currently debating if she'd buy the kyoho or satonoshiki. She was attracted at the purple color of kyoho while satonoshiki were so cute!

'Host, Hijikita Toushirou is nearby. He's going to meet Okoto today at the inn beside this market.'

'Mm. Boashi, what should I buy for Saito? Do you think he'd like kyoho or the cherry?'

'.......'

'You still there?'

'Seriously! Why are you thinking about him, host? Hijikita is your target for now, Saito is only a disguise you need to use. So, host, look behind you.'

'Im just kidding! It was my first time having a brother so I was doing my part. Should I look behind me now? Or maybe later?'

'Now.'

'Here?'

'Now! Hijikita Toushirou is looking at you!'

Yun Ren Xie nearly choked while eating the kyoho she just bought. Hijikita is here?! And he is looking behind her? Why? She swallowed the kyoho then slowly turned behind her.

Baoshi was right, Hijikita Toushirou is standing over there, looking at her with a raised brow. She was shock to see how gentle his gaze is but within a second, his gentle gaze turned into a frigid stare then left the place.

Was it an illusion?

Yun Ren Xie glanced at her maid who is talking with Sumere. She then looked at the other way where Hijikita have just walked. 'Baoshi, keep track on him.'

She stealthily left the place and followed the pavement where she saw Hijikita walk. People got fewer and fewer, she did not realise that the place where Hijikita is walking to was isolated. 'Host, stop!' Baoshi warned but Yun Ren Xie turned to another direction.

Yun Ren Xie got her mouth drop when she caught a glimpse at the situation. The lane was narrow and five men were holding a girl similar with Soma's looks.

"O-Okoto?" she unconsciously asked. Right, the girl at the edge being captured by the five men were no other than Okoto, Hijikita's ex fiance. Talking about him, Hijikita is right in front of the group while holding his katana.

He did not bother to look who is the person right behind him. Hijikita just wanted to save Okoto.

"Brothers, why is there similar faces here? Who is the real Okoto?" one of the men asked. Soma and Okoto were really identical, well, except for the eyes. Okoto have amber orbs while Soma have dark iris.

"Run, Okoto." Hijikita is sure who the girl behind him since he still remember that day, the girl he have seen at the Hirano Shrine. If she cooperates with the act, the men will either let the real Okoto go or debate to kill the girl. When that time comes, he will take advantage of it and kill them with swift moves.

Yun Ren Xie knew what sort of person Hijikita is, she acted scared and hesitated to run for a bit. "Naito....." she weeped and ran to another direction.

"Get that girl!"

In her manga, Okoto have been calling Hijikita as Naito so Yun Ren Xie wanted to act very intimate with Hijikita. She ran on the other way and went inside her void. Within a flash, she jumped through the highest roof wearing her all dark outfit once more with Gu Ling's mask. Her weapon turned into a dark naginata.

She silently settled on the roof that towers over the lane where Hijikita is fighting all three men on his own while Okoto was crying at the corner, being held captured once more. Yun Ren Xie frowned at how useless the second female lead she created. Without hesitation, she jumped down and only used one swift move, both the men's head were cut off. Okoto stood there with shock, blood spilled all over and her face were also covered by a bit of blood.

Yun Ren Xie's eyes turned red, she is no longer Soma but the real Yun Ren Xie. The blood did not make her neuseas then turned at Hijikita's direction.

She watched him amusingly, not even the three of the men can touch his hair. Unfortunately, Hijikita seemed to be disturbed since he cant hear Okoto's cry. He carelessly stopped his defense, one of the men waved his katana which caused a slight cut on Hijikita's cheek, if he did not dodge earlier, his head might have turned half already.

"Please! Help him!" Okoto collected herself and begged the mysterious person in front of her but she was sure its a woman since the person's waist is slim.

"You can still fight, right?" Yun Ren Xie did not even bother at Okoto's pleas as she called out to Hijikita. This is not likely the real Oni no Fukucho, she knew if Hijikita is calm right now, he can finish the three of them within thirty seconds. Judging from the men's swordsmanship, theirs were still basic while Hijikita is above another level.

Hijikita heard that voice again, why did she come back? He used his katana to block all the attacks then glanced at Okoto's direction. His eyes narrowed once he saw another person in black beside Okoto, he was shock to know the person is holding a naginata, then that means its a woman?

The three men tried to attack him once more and he have to step back but before he could raise his katana, three men were already lying before him. The mysterious girl was now standing near him. She reached out her other hand for Hijikita, he suddenly remembered this is something familiar to him, it was the day when that girl he met at the shrine made his heart feel protective.