Katherine

Move out of your comfort zone,you can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and comfortable when you try something new.

•|•|•

At the Okafor mansion,the two bodyguards that found Katherine are reporting back to the Don.

"...sir,we found miss Katherine but a man in a bike came and took her away" The bodyguard said. "We couldn't see his face so we don't know who he is".

"Oh no,what if Kath is in danger" Kath's mother, Meredith whispered. Liz is next to her,bowing her head shamefully. "You shouldn't have let her leave Elizabeth".

"I am sorry" Liz answered,looking more upset.

"Keep searching for Katherine,you must find her" John,popularly known as the Don Okafor,ordered.

•|•|•|•|•

Katherine's POV

It turned out that the idiot that saved me is the same guy from the club. At first when he came up to me in his bike,i was a bit hesitant,because I didn't know it was him and it seemed convenient that when I needed to escape someone came but i got in. I'm glad i did,he seems to have no connection with my father or rival gangs,my luck was good.

When he asked me where my home was,I panicked. I couldn't tell him "hey,my name is Katherine. My dad is the dangerous crime boss John Okafor. Don't take me home please". He would report to the police and he would die in the end so I saved his life by not telling him.

I instead threatened-,sorry,warned him of how my dad would kill him the second he(dad) found out he helped me. I wasn't lying and he seemed to sense it so he called me back. He is wise.

I can't truly trust him but he is the only hope I got. Liz won't be able to help me,my dad will keep an eye on her so he can find out my whereabouts,I can't let that happen.

Dave didn't look very happy. I couldn't blame him,for him to have saved someone who ran away from home is truly not something someone would want. His bitterness though,seemed to have been present before I arrived. I wonder why he is so bitter.

Whatever,that is not for me to worry about. Dave stopped after sometime in a bungalow. The compound was okay and spacious. He left me to hold the bike and went to open the gate. We walked in and I studied my new surroundings. The building didn't look like a flat,it had a zinc roof and a broken door that led inside.

"Is this where you live?" I asked.

"Yes" he answered gruffly. I ignored him and walked towards the veranda. This place looked so different from where I lived,it felt exciting to see something new.

Dave seemed to notice the bright smile on my face because he scowled. "Why do you have a smile on your face? You look like you've never seen something like this before".

"That's because I haven't" I said,twirling round to get a better view. "I told you I have never left the four walls of my home".

Dave looked shocked. "Wait you were serious?". He was about to put a key into the keyhole of the fourth door to the right.

"Yeah" I said turning to him. He seemed to be paying genuine attention to me now. "I know it sounds unrealistic and untrue but it is true. For twenty three years of my life,I have never really stepped out to see the world. It's really sad". I pouted.

Dave nodded and opened the door. I followed him into his apartment and it was a self contain room. I had read about them online. Dave's apartment was quite spacious for a self contain. A two-seater's couch rested on the wall opposite the TV. A small brown wooden table lay in the middle and a small dining set was by the left.