He Asks You To Be His Girlfriend

Nine:

You're sitting in the console room of the TARDIS, blankets wrapped around you and a book in your hands. The TARDIS has to refuel so you and the Doctor are having a day off from the adventures.

"What ya reading?" He asks from behind the console. You look up at him and smile.

"(Favorite book). I've read it many times over." You state, taking your bookmark and placing it into the book.

"Ah I've read it before." He walks around the console to you and sits down.

"What's up, Doc?" You grin and inwardly praise yourself for the Bugs Bunny reference as he cringed at it.

"I'm just thinking a bit... come here." He suddenly stands again and has his hand extended to you.

You take his hand and stand, walking with him to the doors of the TARDIS. He opens them and you see that you're still in space. Specifically around a supernova.

You smile and he sits down, legs dangling off the TARDIS. You warily do the same, partially scared of falling.

"This is Kepler's Supernova. D'you know what happens with a supernova?" The Doctor asks, looking down at you.

You smile up at him and nod. "Its a stellar explosion."

"This transient astronomical event happens every second throughout the universe. It happens during the last evolutionary stage of a star, or when a dwarf star is triggered into runway nuclear fusion." He states, looking out at the supernova. You do the same and sigh in content.

"It's beautiful..." You whisper.

"Yeah. The reason I wanted you to see this is 'cos I need to tell you something, and what better way than this?" He chuckles. "The TARDIS... well she told me a bit about your talks with her."

You snap your head up quick, eyes wide in shock. "She did what?"

"Let me continue, please." He sighs and gives you a soft smile. "Do you really like me?"

You feel your cheeks flush and you swallow nervously, inwardly cursing the TARDIS. "Y-Yeah..."

You look down at your hands in your lap and let out a sigh.

"Everytime I look at you, (y/n), it's like my hearts explode into their own little supernova." You look at him and he gives you his trademark smile. "Before I met you, I was a cold and bitter man. I'd just watched the destruction of my home, killed so many Daleks and had to wipe out Gallifrey... But then I met you and you made me smile. You healed my hearts. You've stopped me from doing such horrible things, made me realize there's still a choice to let those who cause destruction live. I like you a lot, (y/n). More than the sun, the moon and stars, the supernovae, everything." He let's out a shaky breath, a smile on his face. "What I'm trying to say is, if you'd like, I would like you to be my girlfriend."

You grin and nod, kissing his cheek and giving him a hug. "Forever?"

"Forever and ever." He grins, placing a kiss on your nose.

Ten:

You just woke up in your room on the TARDIS with a shout. You breathe heavily as you lay in your bed, looking up at the ceiling with tears in your eyes. You'd been having these nightmares about the Daleks since the day you met them, which was six years ago before the Doctor regenerated. That day, they murdered a friend of yours right in front of you.

You hear footsteps running to your room and you quickly try to wipe your tears away as the door is thrown open.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" The Doctor asks as he comes over and sits at the end of your bed.