finn | entwined souls

this is a rewrite of an imagine i did over a year ago; 1.7k+ words

/ / / 

Nothing

No one should hear that they were nothing. It was an awful thing to hear, especially out of the mouth of someone who had become your friend. It seemed both impossible yet completely realistic to hear it out of the mouth of Kylo Ren. He was a monster. As human as he seemed deep down, the monster overshadowed him. 

Your hands clenched into fists and your teeth gritted together as your heart shattered inside of your chest. "What?" 

"You're nothing." He was speaking to you. He was speaking to Rey. She cried by your side. "You're nothing."

"Ben," she said, "don't do this. Please, don't do this---" 

He pressed his lips together in a line and held out his hand. Flames flickered behind him, illuminating his face, framing him to be more of a monster than you and Rey had let yourselves see him as. Foolishly, you'd trusted him, you'd hoped for him. "But not to me. Join me. Please."

The anger inside of your sister ignited as yours did. It sparked inside of you like fire, threatening to burst out of you. You could hardly contain it inside of you. All of this fighting, all of this torture endured, and for what? He wasn't capable of turning away from his wrongs. He wasn't capable of seeing evil. 

"No," you spat. 

"No?"

You grabbed your sister's hand and gripped it tightly. A shaky cry left her lips and you turned her body around with yours. You quickly walked towards the doors.  "No. You're wrong."

"I am not wrong," he said, raising his voice. "You will die if you leave here. You know that."

"You're wrong again," you said. You didn't look at him. "You will be the one to die, Kylo Ren."

"You're still... you're still holding on! Let go!" As his voice rose to a scream of anger, you and your sister paused in your steps. You looked at him. "What are you both holding onto so desperately? Family? You don't have that there. No one will ever understand you or care about you the way that I do." 

"Care about us?" you whispered. "Understand us?" 

His voice was steady now. You could tell that he thought he had you both; he assumed he was pulling you in again. "I can see right through you. You're lost. You're lonely. You're afraid of everything that you're capable of and you're even more afraid that no one can understand you or your sister. Your parents were nobodies to this story. You are a nobody to this story. But you don't have to be. Join me and you'll discover your place. Join me---"

"Join you?" you shouted. He was attempting to isolate you and Rey, stripping you of your friendships in order to get you to obey him. His words made your stomach churn. You were sick. At the same time, you and Rey's palms shot forward. Luke Skywalker's lightsaber flew straight to your sister's palm, Leia Organa's flew to yours. 

"I thought you had changed," Rey hissed as Kylo Ren caught both lightsabers in midair, both of his hands raised up. He shook with the effort it took to keep them from you and your sister. "I see now that I was wrong!"

You pulled and pulled, your jaw aching with the grit of your grinding teeth. Your entire body trembled but you weren't letting go. Kylo Ren's eyes widened as he discovered the strength inside of you. He had always known he was well matched in the strength of you and Rey, but this frightened him and you could see it. 

While Kylo was pulling the lightsaber toward him, he was pulling you toward him as well. You screamed out, pushing Rey slightly behind you, holding up both of your hands. "No!"