The Setting Sun

It was night time and Chuuya still was on his work, at least he gets to be in his apartment but tiredness quickly kicked in, he already found himself massaging his eyelids with his fingers, the only thing he knew could help him pull an all nighter with all the work he had was a cup of coffee.

He took the cup of coffee he prepared and the papers and laptop he used for work to his bedroom figuring he would be more comfortable on his bed but the second he walked in the room, he spotted the small clock on his nightstand with the hour '00:03' written on the screen, it was already January 1st.

He didn't give it too much thought adjusting himself on the bed with the laptop on a pillow on top of his lap ready to finish all his reports not knowing why he was on his phone seconds later. 

He scrolled through his contacts guessing everyone he knew would either be asleep or busy so he should better not text them before he remembers that he still didn't make his wish, he glanced at the hour then sighed as he thought 'I'm too late but still, my wish is ... that i won't meet him this year and if i do, imma kill him !'

He turned his phone off throwing it on the bed as he decided to blame his wish on his usual anger over his useless ex partner ignoring the part of his mind and heart that felt disappointed at Dazai not even wasting few seconds of his time to text him a small 'Happy new year', why would he even do that ? Probably because they were used to spend new year eve together, go to a shrine together, always stay together ...

Chuuya shook his head to forget his stupid thoughts, he took a sip from his coffee then had all his attention back on his laptop and papers, thinking that he should get himself some glasses as soon as possible.

His work sure took him a while to be done, it was past 5 a.m when he put the laptop aside then got off his bed wondering what he should do 'Maybe i should go see this year's first sunrise ...' he allowed himself to at least do that since this was his free day, one he didn't have for a while now, he thought he would also have some wine when he is back '.. and maybe cook too, i didn't have time to cook anything lately ... then .. then i will go for a ride on my motorbike !' Chuuya nodded to himself, he couldn't be more satisfied with his plans for the first day of the year.

He kept his purple sweater, dark pants and usual black choker he was already wearing adding on top the first jacket he found, a white and red one plus the first boots he picked, he didn't care about his looks, he didn't plan to meet anyone after all.

He walked to the only place in Yokohama in which he was sure he would have a nice view on the sunrise, he was grateful he found no one there, though there still was half an hour before '06:51' a.m, the exact hour of the sunrise that he made sure to check before leaving his place.

He was enjoying the cold breeze on his still warm cheeks when he heard footsteps behind him, he glanced back noticing a man who was definitely not Japanese wearing traditional clothes, an ushanka and holding a drink. 

It didn't take Chuuya too long to figure who this was but Fyodor already had his hand up and a honest smile trying his best to show that he wasn't a threat.

"I am not here to fight. I wouldn't dare get in a Mafia executive's way, especially not in the first day of the year ."

"Says the one who killed Ace ."

Chuuya figured this wasn't the best place to start a fight, he sighed not letting his guard down for a second.

"What are you doing here then ?"

"I thought making my wish while the sun rises would increase its chances to come true ."

"And what is your wish ?"