Lesson 17: Going To Starbucks Can Cause Trouble

(Dedicated to Casaundra3 because she was another person to guess what Selena's brothers name was!)

_______

Lesson 17: Going To Starbucks Can Cause Trouble

"Pardon?" I asked Selena, looking at her in disbelief.

"I said," She repeated, irritated. "We're gonna need Joe's help!" She finished. My eyes widened when I realized I'd heard her right.

"Sorry, but I think I told you to leave!" That same waitress said. I took a proper looked at her. She had black hair and was quite pretty, probably in her early twenties.

"Oh, then why are we still here?" Selena snapped, glaring at her. I sighed and shook my head. Typical Selena.

"You two should just go." Someone snapped, and we all turned around to see who said it, even Hugo. It was Alice. She stood there with her hands on her hips, her hair scraped back into a ponytail, showing her makeup- covered face.

What happened to Alice?

"Don't you know when you're not wanted?" She continued, glaring at us like we were something she found at the bottom of her drink.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we do, but I'm not sure you do, since you keep on going back to Joe even though you're not wanted by him." I said, smirking. Wait; did I just say that to Alice?

They must have been thinking the same thing because they looked at me with shocked expressions. Even Hugo and he didn't have an idea about what was going on. He was a dog, after all.

"That's it!" The waitress, who I forgot was even there, shouted. "All three of you, out! Right now!" She shouted, waving us out with her hands.

"Four, if you count Hugo." I mumbled, but she ignored me and pushed us all out of the shop. We all stood there looking at each other, not knowing what to do. Then Alice broke it by scoffing loudly.

"You two disgust me. Oh, and stay away from Joe, he's mine!" She said, and started to walk away.

"Oh really? I thought he was Maria's!" I called out, and she stopped and turned around, her hands clenched into fists.

"Shut up! Just shut up Amber! Why do you always have to get involved in everything?" She shrieked, storming towards me.

"You act so innocent but when my back is turned you do something! And it always ends up making everything worse!" She shouted, pointing her manicured finger at me.

"What are you on about?" I managed to ask, and she sneered at me.

"Here she goes again! 'What are you on about?'" She mimicked in a high-pitched voice.

"You know what I'm talking about Amber. You're the reason!" She shrieked, getting redder.

"Reason of what?!" I shouted, getting impatient. She should get to the point already, jeez.

Then she slapped me.

This one was harder than before. Much harder. And it hurt. Much more.

I staggered back from the force and turned to look at her in shock. We all did. I heard Selena and Hugo gasp.

Yes, Hugo gasped.

"What is your problem?" I screamed at her steeping forward

"You are." She whispered, and stepped forward so no-one else would hear what she was about to say. And that scared me.