➳ TWELVE

数一数二
(shǔ yī shǔ èr)
the best; considered among the best

YVETTE STAYED ALERT AS SHE HURRIED ALONG AFTER FIVE. They swiftly rushed past the men who'd been stabbed by the knives earlier and made their way further inside the boat where Two and Three were.

"Hey, hey," One hissed at Seven from behind them. "You like that phone now, motherfucker?"

"One, shut the hell up," Yvette barked as they entered the dining area that reeked of blood. Two and Three glanced over curiously at One.

One waved his phone in the air. "This thing is amazing."

"Wow," Three mouthed sarcastically.

"Stop fucking around. We gotta find Rovach." He walked past them and climbed up the stairs as they all followed after him as silently as they could.

"Take this," Two murmured, passing a gun to Yvette.

"I don't need it — but thanks," she said with a grin, taking it from the blonde and holding it with the proper caution.

They reached the second level, entering another dining area where men laid scattered on the floor with blood pooling around their bodies. The smell of carrion began to cling unto the air, making them gag.

"Jesus," One muttered revoltingly. "What did you do?" He shook his head at the direction of Two and Three. "You goddamn animals."

Three huffed at him. "Don't look at me — she's the evil one."

"You did this?" Five asked Two in disbelief.

"Yeah," the blonde replied back nonchalantly. "Why?"

"You're sick."

"You're incredible," Yvette retorted.

"If we don't move quick, they're gonna pull them from the boat," Seven intervened sternly.

Three yanked out a steak knife impaled through a man's hand to the table. "Disgusting," he whispered as the man's corpse slumped to the ground with nothing holding him down.

"Let's find Rovach," One ordered as they began to move down the corridor once again.

A gunshot echoed throughout the silence, smashing a vase next to them in the process as Yvette dropped her head down to avoid the broken ceramic. "One!"

He was a step ahead of her and had whipped his phone out of his pocket instantly. Swiping a finger across the screen, he sent the men soaring across the room and slamming into the wall.

"Kitchen knives!" Yvette exclaimed as One sent them flying to the other side of the room, all the knives sent slicing right through their bodies clean.

"More men coming!" Three warned as he and Seven entered the kitchen to shoot them.

"Incoming," Yvette called out, pulling the lock out with her teeth as she sent an explosive sailing into the air. The boat gave a shudder at the small detonation that was meant to send waves of force into them rather than flames. She tapped her earpiece with a finger. "Four, you doing okay up there?"

"Could be better, sweetheart," he replied after a moment, and she smiled slightly knowing he was still alive and well.

     "The boat's moving," Two called out to them, glancing out at the window.

     "That — that's bad," One groaned.

     Yvette yelped, ducking again as a bullet went sailing across her head. "A little help here, One?" she yelled, reaching an arm out to shoot at the guy.