nine

9|CONNECTION

"Omera?" Asra approached the woman, tapping her shoulder gently.

"Asra, how can I help you?" Omera spun around and smiled politely at the young woman.

"I am a healer, I was wondering if you had anyone who needed to be seen to?"  The healer asked, still trying to avoid the Mandalorian after what had happened earlier.

"We do, after the last raid a few farmers were injured." The woman led Asra to a small hut, beds lay around the room with injured farmers. "Thank you."

"It's fine, I just want to help as much as I can." She quickly got to work. She patched up cut, sewed shut deeper wounds, disinfected and cooled burns. Eventually she came to a bed with a little boy no older than seven in it. "Hey sweetie, what hurts?"

"My chest." The boy cried, pushing down the blanket to show a large gash on his chest.

"It's okay dear, I'm going to help it heal." Asra cleaned away the blood and disinfected it all while making sure the boy was okay. She took a look at how big the cut was and knew it needed stitches. Instead she raised her hand over the wound and used the force to heal it till the gash was much small. She put a paste over the small cut to keep it shut and wrapped a bandage around his chest. "There, all better! You were so brave and I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you so much!" The boy embraced her tightly, still crying into her shoulder.

"Tell me if it starts hurting really bad again, I'll make it go away." The healer ruffled the childs head and moved on to the next patient.

"Asra." The woman jumped at the sound of her name and turned around to find Mando close behind her. "Me and Cara are going to scout the area, the kid is with Omera and the children."

"Okay, be safe." She reached forwards squeezed his gloved hand before going back to her patient.

After seeing everyone twice and making sure they were okay, Asra sat beside the young boy she learnt was called Ben. She stroked his blonde hair gingerly as he rested. A large commotion outside disturbed her from her thoughts, doing one last check on the boy before leaving the hut.

"What is going on?" She questioned, walking past Mando to speak to Cara.

"The farmers decided not to mention that the raiders have an AT-ST." Cara growled with annoyance.

"AT-ST? As in an Imperial Walker?" Asra gasped, turning around to look at the farmers. When she saw Omeras pleading eyes she knew that they had to help. "We have to help them!"

"I've seen that thing take out entire companies of soldiers in a matter of minutes." Cara warned her causing the blonde to turn her eyes to the Mandalorian.

"We're not leaving." Omera argued, hugging her daughter close.

"You cannot fight that thing." The soldier scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Unless we show them how." Mando felt his heart melt when he saw Asra's eyes light up.

The rest of the day was spent with the Mandalorian and ex-shock trooper teaching the farm how to fight, Cara teaching them with spears while Mando taught them how to shoot.

"You need to shoot it eventually." He grumbled when he saw Asra just lifting up the blaster before returning it to her side.

"I know." She hissed, raising it up again. With a sigh, Mando wrapped his arms around her shoulder to reposition her arms. Her cheeks heated up when she felt his gloved hand on her stomach, fixing her posture.

"Shoot." He whispered. Asra let out a deep breath and pulled the trigger, perfectly hitting her target.

"I should have told you before you grabbed me but Kuiil taught me how to shoot when I was younger." Asra smiled over her shoulder at him, noticing he still had not let her go.

"You need to learn how to use these skills then." He stepped back to let her fully turn around. "And learn to tell me things."

"Where is the fun in that?" She giggled quietly. "I know you love it."

The Mandalorian left her to train, she hit the target perfectly each time whether it was still or moving, big or small.

"Its getting dark, let's rest." The Mandalorian took the weapon out her hands and took her back to their barn, the child in her arms.

Asra ended up turning over an empty crate and making a small bed with blankets. She sung an old lullaby and stroked the childs head lovingly as it quickly fell asleep.

"You are taking the bed." She mumbled, knowing that was what he was going to say to her.

"Let's share it or we will be arguing all night." Mando sighed defeated, beginning to take of his armour as Asra removed her outer wear. "Do you trust me?"

"With my life." She responded. He grabbed her clean scarf and covered her eyes, making sure she could not see.

"Can you see?" This time his voice sounded more human. Her hands reached out, grabbing his cheeks. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close.

Asra moved her face closer, feeling his light breath on her face. Their lips connected with passion, both falling back with Asra pressed against the wall. His mouth moved down her neck as her hands moved under his shirt, trying to remove it.

They spent the most of the night in each others embrace, sweaty bodies pressed against each other as they whispered sweet nothing. Eventually falling asleep with Asra on her side, eyes still covered, and Mando holding her tight, his bare chest against her clothed back.