CHAPTER 5: ENEMY

ALEXONDRA'S POV

As usual, the kids go to school, I go to work, Roberto went to his business work as well and even guards around the house are working for almost 24 hours already.

But for today, I don't know why I can't remain calm. My brain is full of worry and shaking.

What if something happens to the twins? What if Takeru's killers comes to kill his kids?

I shook away that thought. No they wouldn't. Maybe I'm just worried because Roberto is having a meeting with his men and not be able to look after the kids after their dismissal. I began to feel numb and conscious all of a sudden, more worried than before.

"Are you okay, Mrs. Kashimoto?" I turned to Mr. Ares Kings shakily. He was staring at me in worry as he stopped writing on his paper. "You're shaking and you're turning pale. You should go home and rest. I can't let my own employee lost consciousness while at work..."

As much as I want to say yes, I can't because I don't want to leave my work. I cannot make this reason to get away from work but my brain is getting filled and messier unto the fullest space.

"I'm fine, Mr. Kings. Thank you for the concern..." I apologized in a very soft way and continued typing on the computer.

"No can do, Mrs. Kashimoto. Go home now and rest. That's an order..." he stated as I turn to look at him. And he's... he's serious.

"But---"

"That's an order, Miss..." he stated, seriously... deadly seriously that I swallowed hard before stopping my work. "You're a single parent and doing everything by yourself to keep your children living. Please rest today. You've been working overtime the pass days."

I smiled at him, ashamed. He's so concern about his employees, that's what we all like about him.

"You sure, Mr. Kings? I'm really going home to see my kids..." I honestly replied while apologizing to him over and over.

"Go ahead." He smiled. "Anna, my sweetheart, it is okay for you right?" He asked on his back. I almost forgot about his wife is in today with their daughter.

"Sure, darling." Anna replied and heard Alice crying after.

I bayed goodbye and exited the floor. I know that the family also wants a time alone together for bonding. I smiled in my mind and went out of the building.

Driving my old ragged car, I drove quickly towards my kids' school and waited for their bell to ring. After their bell rung, I chuckled to myself to see my two boys walking out their way outside.

I got out of my car to meet them when suddenly, a group of strange men in helmet came pass them. I thought they will just pass but what they did caught my eyes.

Two of the strange men held a hankerchief and covered it over Ryota and Takamasa's mouth.

"NO!!" I yelled and run towards them while bringing out my gun! No! My boys!
"Ryota! Takamasa!" I yelled when I saw Ryota lose consciousness.

There are many children everywhere running away already. I just wonder if their only targets are my sons! Then it hits me! They are not kidnapping other kids but my sons---

In a sec, I managed to choke one of the kidnappers who's holding Ryota's unconscious body and turn his head. He fell down on the floor unconscious as I grab a hold of Ryota but before I could hold my son, someone pushed my back. It hurts...

I was about to pull the trigger of my gun when another man kicked my hand as the gun fly away from me. I stood on my legs and positioned myself to fight.

Damn it! Where are the assassins assigned today?

The school ground is now cleared and everybody's out of our sights.

"Give up, just accept that this is your family's destiny." Another man said after coming out of his car.

"Let my sons go." I stated.

"In one condition..." the same man replied. I was thinking so much. There are so many of them and my boys lost consciousness and were in the arms of those men. "Be my wife..."

My eyes widen. What?

"I think I misheard. Can you repeat what you just said?" I asked in an annoyed tone. Who is this man?

"Be my wife. I promise to give you everything. I'll make you my Queen." He stated in such a way like he knows me. I glared at him.

"Never. Just give me back my boys!" I screamed as I feel some tears runs down my cheek. My boys... my weaknesses...

"Then marry me and we'll be a family. I promise I'll complete your family..." he stated in a very loving tone that almost make me puke in disgust.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked while gripping my hands tightly in anger and annoyance.

He ripped of his mask and stare at me like a predator. I raised an eyebrow at him.

He looks so young, so good-looking and very attractive. His dirty blond hair matches his green eyes but I felt anger firing up as I recognize the scar on his jaw. The scar in an "X" form.

I can still remember that jaw under the helmet that killed my husband, the "X" form. The bullet that comes from the gun of that man, I'll never, ever, forget this man.

"You killed my husband, bastard!" With the rage that boiled up within me, I charged towards him but to feel arms around me, stopping me from charging towards that bastard.

I turn to have face to face with Roberto.

"Let go of me! I will kill that bastard!" I wiggled to be out of Roberto's arms but it really seemed impossible.

"One step closer, Black Mamba, I'll shoot these brats..." the man threatened Roberto. I was looking at my boys being dragged away.

"Please don't, my babies..." I cried and tried to move closer but Roberto held me tighter.

"We can't. They have their men around and we have no chance to save the twins. My men are also not enough back up." Roberto stated, calming me.

I felt tears run down my jaw.

I was looking at Takamasa as he woke up suddenly and started kicking those men who held him. Takamasa run towards me and hugged my legs after they released him.

They started running away with Ryota with them.

"RYOTA!!!" I yelled before they closed their car's door.

"I'll message you soon, Beautiful." The man said before entering another car and started driving away.

Tears run down my cheeks. My Ryota... my baby... Roberto released me finally as we watch those men drive away, taking Ryota with them. I felt like a failure mother.

"Mommy..." Takamasa hugged my waist tightly while tears also run down his cheeks. I held on his cheek softly.

"How did you manage not to lose consciousness from the hankerchief?" I asked softly.

"I used my mouth to breath instead of my nose. Then I finally managed to escape..." he replied with a sad smile. "I'm sorry I didn't protect my baby brother. But I promise you mommy, I'll save him..."

I kneeled facing him and kissed his forehead. I love my boy so much.

"We'll save your baby brother together..." I stated while declaring that promise. I'll save Ryota no matter what, no matter how...

I turned to Roberto...

"Who's he?" Since Roberto's code name in mafia is 'Black Mamba', I know that he knows every leader of mafias around the city.

"His code name is 'Dark Salamander'. No one knows his real name but one thing's for sure, he's the one who killed Takeru."

I grasp my hands to balls in anger. He'll pay for this...