xlii.

Ben Solo's POV (Man, have I been wanting to type that for SO long)

I ran across the grounds of Exegol after landing, stopping short when I saw an old Resistance X-Wing fighter, and realized she was already here.

My Thea.

I turned, running towards the entrance of the underground Sith temple, and before I even thought of what I was doing I just jumped straight into the open hole, landing on the huge chain a little ways below.

"ow," I muttered out. I looked down, seeing how far of a way I had to go and sighed before making my way down. 

I finally made it down, and ran around a corner, shooting a Knight in the process with the blaster Lando gave me.

I can't believe I came in here with nothing but a blaster. I get the symbolism of throwing my lightsaber in the water, but come on.

I kept running down the narrow hallway, and as a knight shot at me from behind I reached my arm back and shot him without even looking.

Jeez I really am a lot like my dad.

I slid into another hallway with my gun aimed and ready, and after seeing no one there I continued my race to save the love of my life

I slid to a stop when all the knights of Ren came out from the entrance I needed to go through and I muttered curses under my breath. Looking over my shoulder, more followed. They surrounded me, in the middle of their pathetic circle, and I reached for my saber, but then again realized I didn't have one anymore.

Fuck.

I needed to get to Thea. I could feel her fear and all I wanted to do was protect her.

Wait... Feel her fear.

The Dyad!

-----------

Thea's POVI felt completely broken and defeated. My sister, the only family I had left, was barely breathing in the corner. Luke, Han and Leia are dead. Everyone is fighting the new fleet above ground. I had no idea where the hell Kylo Ren was.