Part 13: Dispute

Arlo and John were glaring at each other the entire time they were going to the dorms. Keene carried some of their stuff and were glancing at them nervously. 

Keene: Lighten it up guys! It can't be that bad right? The headmaster is just trying to protect you.

Arlo: From what? No school can challenge us right now. Or maybe EMBER? EMBER only attacks superheros. We're not one of them.

Keene smiled, and turned around, not saying another word. 

**********

John and Arlo both chose a seperate room, Arlo choosing the bigger one, and John choosing the one closer to the bathroom. They finished putting down all their things, and Keene left.

John: You know, I'd even rather be with Blyke right now.

Arlo: Well I see we have something in common.

Arlo turned on his heel and walked to the door to leave.

John: Wait. You remember your promise, right?

Arlo nodded briskly, and walked away. 

John glared at the door Arlo had just walked out of.

I can't trust Arlo to do this.

Is he really my only chance?

*************

Blyke and Isen felt dumb, looking for this bush. Why did they need to find this thing anyway? It could be just a prank. Isen was only here to eat cherries, and Blyke was here because Remi forced him to...

Isen: Ah, there's the tree!

Sure enough, in the corner of the park was a cherry tree, with a small bush under it. Isen reached underneath and felt a small package. He pulled it out, and on it was written FOR WELLSTON.

Blyke: For Wellston... so for the royals?  

Isen shrugged. He could only guess that this person just needed John to lose. Why would anyone even care for Wellston when they weren't a student there?

Blyke and Isen walked back to school with the small package. Remi was at her room, and they started to unwrap the box. They opened it to find bubble wrap and a smaller box... with some foam... and finally, 2 vials filled with clear liquid and a syringe, along with a letter from Claire. 

_______________

Dear Remi,

I'm just here to support Wellston, and you are representing me. I have a tonic for you and one for a good, strong, and trusted friend. If you need more help, just email me. I have more where that came from.

Claire

_______________

Remi stared at the letter for a while, then grabbed a vial and gave it to Blyke. Blyke seemed amazed that she was giving it to him.

Remi: Give it to Doc for testing. You never know if it's poison. Take the other one too. 

Blyke nodded, although he felt slightly disappointed that she wasn't giving it to him. At the same time, he felt dumb for thinking that this tonic was safe. He put it back in the box and jogged off to Doc. During the meantime, Remi thought about who she'd give the other vial for. Someone strong, someone that had their ability nearly mastered... 

Usually Remi would've given it to Seraphina, but at the moment, Arlo was her strongest friend. Arlo also was the one that hated John most, right? She was sure that he'd want some revenge. 

************

Seraphina walked alone in the halls, looking at her phone at the homework she had missed. It was easy, so instead of going over it she reached for her pocket to put her phone away when someone grabbed her wrist and made her drop her phone. She whipped around in anger to face  the person. 

Joker.

Seraphina stopped short. What did this person want? 

The Joker turned on their ability and attempted to land a punch on Seraphina, and she parried it aside. However, a flurry of attacks from Joker's other hand hit Seraphina in the side, pushing her away. She glared at the Joker and hissed. 

What would John do?

Her eyes flew open, the image of John standing bloody over the Royals.

John's Joker.

The fake Joker continued with their onslaught, Seraphina losing. During the meantime, John turned the corner to see the whole thing. He ran back and watched behind the wall. 

What is going on here?

*************

phone: are you just going to leave me here? omo

*************