1. The Black Gem

A small summary for anyone who has not seen the show :)

Steven Universe lives with the Crystal Gems: Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl. Being half-Gem and half-human, Steven's mother, Rose Quartz, sacrificed herself to give her son true form, and to bridge the gap between Gems and humans through his father, Greg Universe. Steven and The Gems live in Beach City, and together they protect their town from the Gems' planet: Homeworld. Steven must master his mother's powers and will become something greater than himself: a hero who fights for what is right. 

Steven and the Gems have encountered Peridot as well as Jasper who fused with Lapis to form Malachite. Lapis betrayed Jasper however and dragged them both in chains to the bottom of the ocean. 

 Peridot managed to escape capture and the gems have been looking for her ever since. She has managed to evade several captures from the Crystal Gems. With ideas and spirits low they had decided to look through an old Diamond facility they had discovered in the hopes of finding Peridot. 

'Darkness is all I can see.  Darkness is all I have seen for too long. Perhaps Darkness is all I will ever see till this wretched planet frees me from my tomb. How long have I been here? Unable to form? I stopped keeping track when my sanity was close to being lost.' A Gem thinks to itself. 

"Steven Wait! We don't know much about this place please do not run off ahead! Steven! Where are you!?" The gem hears a worried voice cry out.

The doors to the Gem's prison open and they see what appears to be a small being walk in. 

'It would seem that my assumptions of no life on this planet I am stuck on were wrong. No matter it makes no difference if it's been barren or filled with life. Nor if it has been a Thousand years or merely just Ten. I long to be free of this.' The gem thinks looking at the native while still trapped in their gem. 

The Gems had decided that with Peridot on the loose that it would be best if they all stayed together. Steven was happy with this idea because it meant that they could all be together on missions. 

"Steven Wait! We don't know much about this place please do not run off ahead! Steven! Where are you!?" Pearl cries out but Steven is too excited. The door in front of him opens and he walks inside. 

"Woah!" Steven says looking around with stars in his eyes. "Look at all this cool stuff." He says.

His eyes were soon drawn to what appeared to be a giant glass box with black electricity running all throughout it. The room is dim and It's hard to see with the lack of light so Steven begins to  look around for a light switch.  

"Steven!?" He hears Garnet cry out. 

"I'm in here." Steven says back to stop the other gems from worrying. 

"Stay where you are Steven we are coming to you!" Pearl shouts back. 

"Relax P. He's probably fiiinee. Steven can take care of himself." Amethyst says with a bored sounding voice as Steven can hear the gems getting closer to him.

Steven continued to keep looking for a switch until he stumbled across what appeared to be a panel. There was 4 small coloured diamond shapes on on top of on large black diamond.