she has a panic attack (requested)

You laid on your stomach on the bed with your books spread out in front of you. You glanced over at Hailee sat at the desk, biting on the cap of her pen while she did her best to stay focused on her own work.

It's your first year of college together. You've been dating for the past couple of years and when you both got accepted to the same school you immediately started to look for an apartment together.

It's been exciting to go on this new journey together. You got to learn new things about each other and after every good and bad day, you got to come home to each other. And it made your days even better.

But tonight is different. She's been acting weird all day and now she seems to be really stressed out. You understand how she feels. You feel the same way, honestly. But Hailee is a perfectionist. She pushes herself, sometimes so hard it causes her to breakdown and have panic attacks.

You closed your books and crouched on the floor next to her. "Hailee?" She kept mumbling to herself. You put your hand on her shoulder and noticed she was having some trouble breathing. "Hailee... hey. Are you okay?" She shook her head and you put your hands on her thighs. "Baby, breathe."

"I-I don't think I can." You took one of her hands in yours and brushed your thumb across her knuckles. "You can. Hailee, you gotta breathe for me. Take some deep breaths, you can do it, I know you can."

She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. Her hands started to sweat a little, her fingers tightening around yours. "You're okay, you're safe. Just breathe." You heard her take in and let go of a few shaky breaths before they started to even out a little. You caressed her cheek softly, smiling when she opened her eyes and leaned onto your hand.

"You okay?" She shrugged her shoulders. "You are. You'll be okay, I promise. You're just stressed and tired. You're overworked and worn out. You need a break. We both do. Why don't we close the books for a bit and lay down in bed and take a little nap? When we get up we can order takeout and get back to work, or we could do more tomorrow and just relax for the night. Your choice, you can let me know how you feel later. But I think we both deserve a power nap, right?"

She nodded her head and you moved the books off the bed before taking her hand and pulling her on the bed with you. She laid on top of you, her lips brushing across your face and down your jaw. "Thanks for helping me through that." You wrapped your arms around her back and let her bury her face in your neck.

"You get stressed so easily sometimes, which I understand. I just think you're too hard on yourself. You're a perfectionist." She let out a sigh causing her breath to fan across your neck. "Hailee that tickled!" You squealed and tried to push her away but she only laughed and started to kiss your neck.

"Power nap now?" She asked sweetly and lifted her head to look at you with tired eyes. "Of course, baby." You rubbed her back and she kissed your lips lightly before putting her head on your shoulder and falling asleep.