Chapter Six

PARANORMAL,CHAPTER SIX

PARANORMAL,
CHAPTER SIX

HOW DO HUMANS resolve conflict? As Zay Babineaux had once said: they call in the momma. And that's exactly what Thalia had done. It took all night for her mother to reach them, but, when she did, she didn't come to play.

Carmen Reynolds was a tall slender woman with cat like blue eyes. She looked at everyone like they were beneath her, when in actuality she was calculating. However, she trusted no one. No one outside of her family. She was actually a very warm woman.

Not today.

The black leather outfit clung to her body, the click of her heels playing a dangerous song. She pulled a leather glove onto her hand and lifted the shades she wore. "Alright, where is this fucker?"

Thalia was the first to greet her. Her bright blue eyes were rimmed red, her tanned skin void of color. Her long brown hair was a mess. It was slightly damp, because Ms. Gilinsky had offered her a shower when she finally returned. She thought it might make her feel better. It didn't. Once plump, pink lips were bitten red. "Momma, you came."

Carmen smiled, pushing a few loose strands of dark hair behind her ears. "Of course I came, sweeting." She pressed her full lips against her daughter's forehead in a gentle kiss.

Hal came and peered over her shoulder. He had previously been inside with the demon, and Mason who held his hand the entire time. He'd been remembering the fact that, when Scott genuinely smiled, he had dimples. But that had ended quickly when it had the nerve to ask him what the fuck he was looking at. ( This question was met with, 'I hate you, you filthy little cockroach.' ) "Hi, Mrs. Reynolds. Oh, you brought Grammy."

"Hello, Hal, dear", the older woman greeted. She was carrying a large, black case. "You've gotten so big. Excuse me. I've got some work to do."

"Take me to it."

The kids had tied it to a chair. It had put up quite the fight. It perked up upon noticing Carmen's entrance. She could be heard muttering the word parasite. "Oh, the little duckling called in her mommy, how delightful! I suppose you've come to coax me out too?"

"It thinks it can talk to me?" Carmen let out a bitter laugh as she leaned in close, gripping its hair tightly. He'd better be glad this was the face of her darling son. Oh, he'd better be so glad. Because she would have ended him right then and there if it wasn't Scott. "Oh, sweetie, I don't negotiate with scum like you. I'm going to rip you out of there like the little leech you are." She stood back up with a smile. "And then I'm going to kill you."

He scoffed. "You won't." She couldn't. Not as long as he rested here. It was impossible.

"Oh, you're right", Carmen hummed as she pulled on her other glove, opening the case she had brought in. It was significantly smaller than Grandma Libby's. She pulled out a pistol. "I don't get my hands dirty with filthy little vermin like you. She does."