XXV ; the dark mark

[TW; panic attack]

[TW; panic attack]

* * *

            THEY WERE SOON CAUGHT UP IN THE CROWDS NOW FLOODING OUT OF THE STADIUM AND BACK TO THEIR CAMPSITES. raucous singing was borne toward them on the night air as they retraced their steps along the lantern-lit path, and leprechauns kept shooting over their heads, cackling and waving their lanterns. when they finally reached thetents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around them, mr. weasley agreed that they could all have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in. they were soon arguing enjoyably about the match; mr. weasley got drawn into a disagreement about cobbing with charlie, and it was only when ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that mr. weasley called a halt to the verbal replays and insisted that everyone go to bed. hermione, elara, ginny, and aurora went into the next tent, still chattering about the match

            they changed into their pajamas and elara pulled a jumper she may or may not have stolen from nymphie over her head. the girls clambered into their bunks. the other three had fallen asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows. elara stayed awake, the adrenaline still pumping from watching the match. she was proud of herself for not vomiting at the sight of the ground hundreds of feet below them.

            elara had forgotten her journal at home, and instead prompted to sneak a book of hermione's and begin to read it. from the other side of the campsite she could still hear much singing and the odd echoing bang. 

            she got lost in the world of romeo and juliet, the two star cross'd lovers and how their violent delights turned into their violent ends.

            she was only pulled out of the fictional story when mr. weasley burst into the tent, looking as if he'd seen a ghost. "we need to go, now."

            no time was wasted. questions would only suck up the precious seconds they had. elara grabbed uncle ted's jacket and threw it over her shoulders. sensing the situation could be life-threatening, elara grabbed her wand and shoved it into the waistband of her shorts. her heels weren't fully in her shoes before she was ushered out by mr. weasley.

            by the light of the few fires that were still burning, she could see people running away into the woods, fleeing something that was moving across the field toward them, something that was emitting odd flashes of light and noises like gunfire. loud jeering, roars of laughter, and drunken yells were drifting toward them; then came a burst of strong green light, which illuminated the scene.