Chapter 17: Lifeguard on Duty

Pic creds go to: Shiro Mew 

Chapter 17: Lifeguard on Duty

"Fire on fire would normally kill us
With this much desire, together, we're winners
They say that we're out of control and some say we're sinners
But don't let them ruin our beautiful rhythms
'Cause when you unfold me and tell me you love me
And look in my eyes.
You are perfection, my only direction
It's fire on fire,
It's fire on fire."
-Fire on Fire by Sam Smith

July 25, 2011

Although it is exhaustingly hot on the beach, with the sun beating down mercilessly, there is a group that is not affected by the heat at all.

A little girl with white hair could be seen sitting near the waves, making a sand lump. She pushed the grains of sand together, but it didn't seem to be getting any taller, only wider. Sort of puzzled, she continued to attempt to build a castle.

As Tatara and Izumo watch their princess playing in the sand, Izumo comments, "It's days like these where it'd be good if you had a camera."

"Hm?" Tatara smiled, "It's fine, it's fine. The heart's camera will take perfect pictures!"

A few days ago, Mikoto and Anna had been out and about while Tatara and the rest of the group were helping a local fisherman. Hana liked to tease them that it was a "date" and watch Anna blush and hide her face. It was adorable!

During the "date," it seemed like the film got stuck and by accident, Mikoto broke it.

The rest of HOMRA wasn't as laid-back as Tatara and Izumo.

Tatara and Izumo's conversation was interrupted by Shohei, who was beyond excited, "IT'S THE SEA!! We've finally come this year!" His eyes sparkled not because he was fascinated with the sea... but because beaches meant cute girls.

Hearing Shohei, Tatara hesitated. "Rather, for all of us to gather like this in public is kinda..."

Izumo agreed, "That's true... coming to the beach with a bunch of rowdy boys that all have the same tattoo will make people wonder..."

On the other hand, Shohei and Bando were still hyped up. "YES! Time to get some chicks, some chicks!"

"You... that's all you think about?" Masaomi, with his derby hat and sunglasses, deadpanned.

"Last year, due to Kamamoto, the whole summer went to waste. I have to make up for it this year!"

He was referencing the time when Kamamoto lost a few dozen pounds and attracted too many girls. The boys ended up wasting their entire summer trying to fatten him back up.

Shohei tried to get Izumo to pick up some girls with him, "Kusanagi-san! Let's go!"

"Ahaha." Izumo chuckled a bit, "Ah, I'm fine... At this age I can't be that direct." He talked as if he was an old man, but in reality Izumo is only 25 years old.

Shohei turned to Tatara, "Totsuka-san..."

"I only have her in my eyes!" Tatara replied, being vague and yet his surroundings sparkled with stars and hearts as he smiled.

"EH~" Then Shohei stared at Masaomi who had been watching the spectacle with wide eyes. As soon as they made eye contact, Masaomi immediately looked away. It seemed like he didn't want any part in the fiasco that was going to happen.

"No choice... Let's go Bandou!" Shohei had a serious expression on his face as Bandou ripped open his jacket to reveal his bare skin.

"YEAH!" Bandou agreed. You could see his HOMRA mark on his abdomen which would probably work to scare ladies away rather than attract them.