Almost Free

Rasheeda's POV

"Ms. jones do you need anything else.." The nurse asked before leaving my room..

"No, I'm fine... Can I go see my cousin..."

"Let me get Dr.Neel , okay... She'll be right in.."

"Okay.."

Me and Mya are still in the hospital. They had us in separate rooms because we both had pneumonia.. She wasn't doing well, she told me to call Trill because she wanted to talk to him about Jeremiah.. They had her on the ventilator.. My body ached all over, I could barely walk.. I couldn't keep anything down.. We were sick, it's like we were fighting for our lives all over again.. Smoke practically starved us to death, me and Mya didn't even look the same.. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror.. I prayed and asked god that he would get us out the cellar, now I don't know if we were going to make it out of the hospital..

"Hello, Ms.Jones... How are you feeling today?" Dr. Neel asked..

"I'm feeling better , I still feel weak though.. I can't keep anything down.." I told her..

"Okay.. Are you having any aches and pains.." She asked..

"Yes, My entire body aches..."

"Okay, what about your vision? Are you still having trouble seeing..." She asked..

"Yes.. I can barely see anything, at first it was blurry.. But now I can hardly see anything out of my right eye.."

"Okay.. Well we ran some lab tests.." She said as she sat down at looked down at her folder..

"Okay..What did it say.."

"It's not looking good...Do you have any relatives here with you?"

"My cousin is next door, other than her , I don't. If something is wrong just tell me... I can take it.."

"After running several tests, We discovered that you have Stage three HIV, which is better known as Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome.." She said holding my hand...

"I... I... I have AIDS ...." I asked her crying..

"I'm so sorry.. That's why your having trouble seeing out of your eyes.... When left untreated it causes severe damage.... I'm sorry Ms. Jones..." she said..

I sat there feeling hopeless, not knowing what to say.. I couldn't say anything, I just cried..

"Ms. Jones, I'm truly sorry.. I can't imagine what you've been through, but we are going to do our best.."

"It's okay, god knows that I'm tired of suffering.. Look at me, I'm what 100 pounds.. I can't keep anything down..I been coughing up blood.. Can you please tell me how long do I have.."

"We are going to start treatment, we are going to do all that we can do to get your health and strength up.."

"Doc be real with me.. I can feel it.. I'm so weak.. How long do I have? Please tell me, don't you think I deserve to know..."

"Maybe a couple months... We're not sure because of the pneumonia.. We are going to start your treatment.. We will bring a ventilator in, so that it can help with breathing..You are a fighter Ms. Jones, stay strong... We are going to do all we can.. Okay.." She said holding my hand..

"Okay.."

I laid there crying, I cried for me and Mya..

Trill's POV

We pulled up to the hospital and got out the truck and went inside.. I went to the front desk and asked the lady what room Rasheeda is in..

We got on the elevator and went to the 5th floor..

"Can I help you.." A nursed asked..

"Yes, we are looking for Rasheeda Jones , the receptionist said she was on this floor.."

"Yes, she is..Are you a family member?"

"Okay, what's your name?

"I'm Dontrill, This is Zayvien, and Michael .." I told her..

"Okay, can you all have a seat, I'll be right back with you.."

We sat there for about 15 mins, she came back with a disposable suit, gloves and face mask..

"Once you put this on, we will take you to her room.."

*****

"Come in, it's open.." I heard a raspy voice day..

I walked In , and saw her laying in the bed.. She was hooked up to a ventilator.. She had lost so much weight I barely recognized her, her body was badly bruised, covered in wounds..

"Trill is that you, I can smell your cologne.."

"Yea.. It's me.. How are you doing..."

" I'm still here.. I wanted to talk to you... I wanted to say thank you... I'm so sorry, I never meant to cause any problems.. I wanted to help my cousin...." she said with tears in her eyes..

"You don't have to explain..."

"Wait let me finish... I thought I was doing the right thing by leaving him.. I should've told you about Tj, but I couldn't.. I didn't know the right words to say.." she said coughing.

"Sheeda I understand.. No one is perfect.. We gone get through this.." I told her as I wiped a tear, I hated to see her so fragile, she looked like she was broken.. It broke my heart..

"Me and Mya called the adoption agency, she wants Jeremiah to stay with you and NeNe.. We thought that it would be better..She doesn't want Smoke to have Jeremiah.. You are the only dad that he knows.. You know what Trill..You are a good father... Nene is a good woman... Jeremiah deserves that kind of love..." she said coughing, it looked like it was blood this time....

"Hold on Sheeda.. Let me get a towel.."

"Trill it's okay ... I'm tired, and god knows it.. My life hasn't been the same since I lost my baby.. I'm going to be with him soon.." She said smiling..

"Sheeda.. Don't talk like that.. Please..."

"Mya... She.... She signed the adoption papers..." she said before closing her eyes...

"Sheeda!" I called out her name.. She didn't answer, all I heard was the machine beep..

The Doctor and a the nurses started running in...

"Sir can we get you to step out in the hallway... " one of nurses said walking me out..

Vote ❤️
Comment❤️
Sorry for any errors❤️

Thank you all for your continuous support❤️❤️❤️