ten

10|FIRST KILL

Asra woke up the next morning with a huge smile on her lips, her hand reaching behind her to find the man. His side of the bed was cold meaning he had been gone a while. She hesitantly took of the blindfold and looked around the room, the child was gone as well.

Standing up, her legs felt weak causing her to sit back down on the bed. She stretched her legs a bit and stood up, quickly getting dressed to find the others.

"Morning." Asra hummed as she found Cara and Mando sat at some chairs, discussing the plan.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her as she sat on the arm of his chair. She shrugged and noticed Cara watching them with a knowing look.

"Sore and scared for today." She said honestly, placing a hand on his shoulder and standing up.

"Sorry." Mando apologised, watching her carefully.

"Its fine, I'm going to find food." Asra left them to their planning to find breakfast. Omera greeted the tired woman and passed her a big bowl of berries. She made her way back to the chairs and only found Cara staring at her.

"I walked past the barn last night, heard some explicit noises." Cara laughed as Asra's face went bright red. "Did you see his face?"

"No, he blindfolded me." The healers face went even brighter after she realised what she said. "Not like that though."

"Damn, I expected that from him but not you." The two women burst into laughter, attracting attention from a few farmers nearby.

~•~

"The sun is about to set, and we'll be leaving soon." Mando reminded her, standing by her in the door way of their barn. "When we return, we're coming in hot."

"We'll be ready. Be safe." Asra sighed, feeling torn between not wanting to harm a living thing and protecting the village.

"I should be saying that to you." His hand moved to her cheek, his thumb stroking over a small, faded scar on her cheekbone.

"Please don't get hurt." She leaned her head into his hand, breathing in contentedly.

"I promise."

"Loverboy, let's get moving." Cara interrupted their moment as she walked past.

"Go, I'll stay safe." Asra hummed, stepping back and grabbing the child into her arms. "And I'll keep him safe."

With a nod of his head, the Mandalorian followed Cara away into the forest. The healer made her way to a small hut where the children were all hiding and placed the Child inside, telling them to make sure he does not escape.

Asra squinted her eyes as she saw movement in the opening of the trees, please be them, she thought loudly, holding her blaster tighter against her chest. The war began. Everyone raised their weapons, waiting for the AT-ST and raiders to emerge from the forest. The pair ran through the fields and dived behind the barrier, both deeply out of breath but ready to fight.

"This is it." Cara shouted to everyone as she looked around at the scared farmers. "Once that thing steps into the pond, its goin' down. Weapons ready."

"Just a few more steps." The Mandalorian mumbled as glowing red eyes pierced through the tree tops, the earth shaking as it walked towards them. But it stopped before the trap.

"It stopped." A quiet stand off started between the farmers and the AT-ST, nobody knowing what to do. The healer squinted as a bright light glared at them, scanning the area.

"Get down." Mando growled at everyone, placing his gloved hand on her back and pulling her down with him.

Then it started. The AT-ST fired, hitting just behind some of the farmers. The raiders ran out from behind their killing machine and the farmers open fired.

Asra raised her weapon, aiming at anything that came to close to them. Letting out a deep breath and clearing her mind, she pulled the trigger and perfectly hit every target. Mando stared at her in surprise, her innocent smile had been wiped of her face and replaced with a glare so dark a chill ran down his spine.

She covered Cara who ran forwards to try and force the AT-ST into the pond, her ammo was wasted on the protective metal. However, her plan worked as it stepped closer to the edge. Asra raised her hand subtly and felt the pull as she moved the machine closer to the pond, it taking a step into the deep waters and falling heavily.

The Mandalorian ran forwards and threw a bomb into window of the AT-ST. He dived into a pond beside Cara and everyone hid their faces away from the explosion. The raiders evacuated and everyone cheered excitedly, hugging each other with celebration.

Asra felt the lump in her throat as she looked at all the dead bodies, she did this. Her feet dragged her away from the scene and back to the barn, her shoulders slumped with misery. Tears pricked her eyes as she sat on the bed, her back to the door.

"Asra?" Mando came running into the barn, worried about her sudden disappearance. When he saw her he felt his heart break and quickly sat beside her, his arm wrapping around her shoulders and pulling her into his chest.

"I'm a monster." She sobbed, wrapping her arms around his neck and crying into his shoulder.

"No you're not." He sighed, holding her closer. "I promise you you're not."