Chapter 1

"You know Eli," Tori points her fork at me. "You're a pussy."

"Nah, Tori between the two of us you're the pussy here." This caused her eyebrow to go up, signaling me to explain. "You see, I do things in real life, I explore in real life. I get the consequences but still, I experience-" I paused, "-the real thing."

Realizing that I made a good point, she glared at me and continued to eat the food in front of her. "ha! see?" I grin.

"Yeah but you're a much more pussy than I am because you won't try lucid dreaming, you're just afraid you'll get nightmares." She retorted.

she found out. fuck. "H-haha what am I, a kid? nightmares? Psshhh." I waved my hand in dismissal.

"Babe we've been together since diapers, I know what scares you." She smiles in triumph.

Victoria Paige, 18, My bestfriend since, like she said, diapers. We're in the middle of eating lunch here in Golden State High, our parents were alumni so we basically studied here since we were preschoolers.

"You made it sounds like we're girlfriends." I made a gagging sound.

"Ew no, I'd go straight for you...I mean I'm half straight- you get the idea." Tori says. "you should still try it, It's fun."

"what kind of fun exactly?"

"Search it up, You'll see." I glared at her. she's been asking me to look through my subconscious or whatever she means.

"Ugh fiiiine."

She looked at me with wide eyes "You'll do it?"

"Yeah sure, I'll try," I said doubtfully. "But If I get a nightmare I'll fucking kill you."

She just shrugged "eh, works for me."

"And I won't bake you cookies." I point out.

"O-on second thought-"

"I've already decided, Paige."

She grunted. "Just don't be nervous when you're sleeping, stay calm and you'll be fine."

"What if I didn't stay calm?"

"Then..." She trailed off.

"Then what?" I asked, starting to get impatient.

"You'll start to take a liking to things you don't like." she joked, moving her fingers towards me like those preppy girls being excited. Except she was trying to scare me in such a poor way.

"Girls?" I answered genuinely.

She burst out laughing and wiped an invisible tear. "Bitch we're both girls and stop being low-key homophobic it hits right here." She points at her heart.

"I'm not homophobic, I just don't like girls that way. I just don't see why you like them too- it looks weird." I scrunched my nose in disgust.

"That's homophobic...We're best friends but please stop thinking like that. And if you can't, at least don't shove it in my face. You don't know the feeling." Tori glared at me.

I felt guilty already though it's not my fault it looked weird to me or I'm somehow against the idea of it! I'll never tell Victoria but sometimes it irked my whole existence when she talks about doing it with other girls.

It's not homophobia, just preference.

I lifted my hands in surrender, "Sheesh, chill."

She just shrugged and continue eating her lunch.

Silence surrounded us but it wasn't an awkward one. I could sense there was a little bit of sadness in her eyes but... I just can't help it. Girls aren't meant for girls and I will never ever change my mind.

*

The bell rang and the students around us started to get up and go out of the cafeteria.

"I don't wanna go, I hate her class." Tori groaned, her body sliding down the chair.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed her wrist, pulling her upwards.

"Hannah." I said.

Hearing her crush's name, she stood up quickly. I notice her pupils dilate as she stares at me with a huge smile.

"You look like you're on weed something, your pupils are fucking huge." I complained.

"That's just a confirmation on how much I like her," she said in her dreamy state. "Do you think I should ask her out? Wait no- do you think she likes girls?"

"I-" before I could disagree, she spoke.

"No, don't say a word. I know you're gonna say no and tell me it's a bad idea." She huffed.

"Good. You know." I rolled my eyes and picked up my things, she did the same and we went to class.

-----
This is chapter one! Tell me whatchu think -🌙

Start of edit date: 08/16/2022