9. Secrets Of The Man

I was packing. It was a decision I had finally come to, and I hated to say it, but it was Harry's brother that made me realize why I had to leave. 

Because I was that desperate.

Wiping an annoying, frustrated tear from my eye, I angrily stuffed my clothes into my bag that I had placed on my bed. A turbulent mess of clothes, toiletries, shoes and books laid all around it, covering most of my sheets. I couldn't even remember packing this much, but I guess I had really come here to get what I desperately wanted.

Laughing at my pathetic self, I almost didn't hear the knock on my door as I was throwing my blow dryer into my luggage. It wasn't until the door went that I turned around to see who was entering. I was half expecting it to be one of the maids telling me that dinner was served, but instead I was met by Harry eyeing out my furious packing. He didn't look surprised at all.

"Do you have a moment to talk?" He asked, watching me continue my packing by stuffing my papers and books into every crook I could find in my bag.

"No. I'm done talking," I said, hoping my voice sounded more angry than hurt. His brother really was a piece of work, but he made it all so clear. Especially after my talk with Harry earlier... Richard's words were the red cherry on top of it all. I was done being desperate. "I'm calling a cab the second I'm done here. I'll be out of your hair in a few more hours. You won't have to stick your neck out for me, after all."

"Cassandra, take a seat and let me talk to you for a moment, please. I understand why you want to leave."

"Really?" I snorted. Of course he understood. He always understood. "No fucking surprise. Fucking arrogant, know-it-all genius assho—"

"It's because my brother wanted you to leave."

I froze up shortly, but then turned around and shot him a glare. I was too damn tired for all of his games. "What the hell do you mean?"

"You're leaving because of what he said," He said, eyeing me with a stern look. I crossed my arms and let out a breath.

"So what if I am? He made a good point. I'm still here, aren't I?"

"But not because you're desperate," Harry replied, crossing his arms as well. "Because you're driven and you know what's best for you. My brother said what he needed to to get you to leave my home. Do you get it, Cassandra?"

"I... what?" I wasn't sure I could handle more of this. These brothers... this whole summer had been one whole fucking mess. It started out so crazy and somehow had gotten even crazier. I guess that's what you got for being a cruel bitch trying to fool an innocent man. All of this was really just karma, wasn't it?

Harry sighed, but then gestured towards my bed for me to please have a seat. I hesitated, but then after a moment gave in. Only because I was so tired I felt like I could collapse on the spot.

"My brother... is an excellent talker," Harry then reminded me with a grit in his voice. He sure fucking was. "He has an uncanny ability to manipulate people, and he's manipulated you to make this decision, Cassandra. It was his way of taking back control over the situation I had turned on him. He hired you to come, I hired you to stay, so now he's fooling you to go."

"And now you're gonna double cross him again by persuading me to stay?" I humorlessly stated. These boys did nothing but fucking play tricks and I was done being their pawn. "I'm not doing this game any longer, Harry. I'm out, I'm sorry. It's not working between us anyway. Your teaching method doesn't work, and I just can't—"

"There's no double crossing," He interrupted. "I won't hold you back from leaving if you want to leave, I just want you to have all of the facts before you make a decision. If you leave, you do exactly as he wanted you to."