22| INDEPENDENT LUNA

^^ADELINE

"Are you sure you'll be fine without me?", I asked as Edward packed his back.

There were growing some conflicts between two packs that he supervised. He already sent Tristan their way but that didn't work. They completely ignored him and are now preparing to attack each other.

"Don't worry about me, Cece. This happens all the time. I haven't supervised them in a while and then they start acting up. I just have to show my face and they'll remember what's good for them", he explained with a chuckle.

He made it seem much easier than it was. If I knew one thing about Alphas, than it was that they could be so stubborn and headstrong. I had a feeling that by only showing up, he wasn't going to solve the conflict.

"I need you here to look after the pack. You're my Luna",

I looked up at him and sighed. He was partially right. I was the Luna but I was also the mate of the enforcer. Doesn't that mean that it was also my responsibility as well?

"Look...", he cupped my face.

He stood tall over me as I sat on the edge of the bed. My hands rested in my lap and I looked up into his blue eyes.

"You've had a rough couple of weeks. Maybe making yourself busy with something else, will help you sort things out?",

I agree with that. I did need to sort things out. The past weeks felt like a rollercoaster and I was finally able to not constantly wake up with nightmares about my father. I still had them but they were getting less scary.

We had a plan to defeat him and it had been running smoothly.

"I will only be gone for two days. Our pack wants to get to know you better and they love it when you're around",

That made me smile. It was a really nice community and I loved walking around talking to people. They had been very welcoming and nice to me.

"And when I get back, I'll be all yours", he promised.

He lifted me up and kissed me deeply. I held into him and my hands travelled up to his hair. His soft hair tingled in my fingers and I tugged it softly.

"Then we can have what we normally had planned for the night of our mating ceremony", he whispered in my ear.

I grinned and winked at him. He chuckled and turned back to his bag. I would miss him. Having him next to me always felt comforting and safe.

But I think I will be able to survive two days without him.

/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

Okay, I was terribly wrong...

Everything was going fine for the first couple of hours after Edwards departure. I was walking around the pack, helping and talking to several of people. Things were going perfectly fine.

Until Susan practically came running towards me like a madwoman. Her face was red and she couldn't even speak properly.

"Calm down. Just tell me what happened?", I laid my hand on her shoulder.

My aunt used this trick all the time. When pack members got stressed or they were freaking out, she used physical contact to calm them down. It was a Luna trick and it really worked, talking out of experience.

"Hector, he's fighting with his father", she finally got out after I calmed her down.

My jaw dropped and she guided me towards a little house that was close by Edward's mansion. I always could see it from my window and guessed it was a sort of shack. Maybe the staff lived there?