29: The Eleventh January

The eleventh of January, the most important date in the calendar. Why? Because it's the day where we wish a happy birthday to Shoto Todoroki! What an amazing guy he is, high praise but he's definitely my favourite anime character, I can't lie. Hence this oneshot collection.

Quirk: Carbon Armour

 Sat in the common room we were busy ignoring the piles of work we had to do by organising the surprise party I had decided to throw for Shoto's birthday. The only people that weren't there to help organise were Shoto and Midoriya as it was Midoriya's job to keep him away as we planned it. I had been elected to be in charge of it as it was my idea, so everyone sat on the sofa's and chairs, politely listening to my ideas. A notepad in hand, I began explaining my ideas for the decorations.

"Okay, so I was thinking of having a large 'happy birthday' banner going across the windows here, groups of large balloons tied to the chairs and attached to weights so we could have them either side of each sofa, and we could have the food and drink table over here," I said, gesturing under the banners' located spot. "We could stack presents up in that corner, perhaps have them on a table... actually who is planning on getting Shoto a gift?" I asked skeptically. Most put their hands up, the only that didn't were Shoji, Tokoyami and of course, Bakugou.

"Why don't you guys at least go halves with someone?" Ojiro suggested, and both Shoji and Tokoyami agreed to that suggestion.

"Pfft, if you think I'm going to have anything to do with this crap then you've got it all wrong. I don't want to give that bastard anything," Bakugou huffed and I gritted my teeth. "Come on, we know the only reason you're so keen to do this is because you like him," Bakugou said directly to me. My face heated up and my eyes widened.

"I-I don't! That's not true!" I said in an unusually high voice.

"It's so damn obvious," he enforced, but Kirishima hit his shoulder as if to say 'stop embarrassing her'. I gulped and looked away from the class, trying to focus on my ideas for the party. I coughed, trying to snap out of my embarrassment.

"A-anyway... I was thinking of having a cake in the middle of the table, three tiers, the bottom and top being white, the middle being red... I'll pay for the cake myself as I imagine it'll be pricey..." I said in a quiet voice.

"It's okay (y/n), you don't have to do this all by yourself, we'll happily help," Momo said and I turned to smile gratefully at her.

"Yes indeed! We ought to separate ourselves into different committees: the decoration committee and the food committee, and (y/n) can help out with each!" Iida said, standing and chopping the air with his hands.

"Ooh! I dibs being on the decoration committee!" Mina shouted enthusiastically.

"I'll happily take the food committee," Sato said politely.

"Thank you, guys... you're help means a lot," I smiled quietly, and I heard Bakugou scoff. Trying to ignore him, we carried on planning.

"And we can all chip in for the cake," Kirishima said and everyone nodded.

"Are you sure?" I asked, and again they all nodded. For the next hour we planned and decided who would be doing what. Organising the decorations was Mina, Aoyama, Shoji, Tokoyami, Ojiro, Mineta, Tsu and Midoriya. For food we had Sato, Ochaco, Momo, Koda, Kirishima, Kaminari, Iida and Toru. Kyoka and Sero were in charge of music, and Bakugou didn't want to be involved with any of it, so strolled back to his room. We had one week to get everything sorted, and with the whole class on board we managed to get everything done on time. I went straight to the cake shop and ordered the cake, making sure it'd be done by the day of the party. Midoriya was doing a good job of keeping Shoto distracted, he apparently had no idea what we were planning for him.