C H A P T E R S I X

THIRD PERSON POV

Mando stormed into the dark pub and instantly became the VIP in the room. Greef Karga was seating in his usual spot and boasted when he saw the Mandalorian, now decked out in new-furnaced Beskar armor, approach him. The bounty hunter jumped straight to the point.

"Who else had a tracker on the job besides me and Reina?"

Karga scuffed. "All of them. All of them!" He smirked with satisfaction that his favorite members of the Guild pulled it off. "But not one of them could come close. You two made a great team. It seems to be advisable that you and Beckett should take on more jobs together."

Mando's head lowered at the thought of Reina's and his latest job with the kid. "Any idea what they're going to do with it?"

"Hmm?" Karga questioned before realizing what Mando meant. "I don't ask. It's against the Guild's Code."

"They work for the Empire."

"What Empire?" The boss was growing concern about this confrontation. "The Empire is gone. Mando. But if it concerns that much, take it up with the New Republic officials."

"That's a joke. I'll take my next job now." Mando huffed and retrieved a puck from Karga, and then turned away to make way for the pub's exit, but halted and glanced over his shoulder when Karga called him once more. "Mando, whatever you do from now on," There was a threat in his tone. "I take back what I said: Leave Beckett out of it."

REINA'S POV

I remained astonished after studying myself for the sixth time I walked passed the small square mirror hanging on the bare grey wall in my quarters. My home was one room, with my cot in one corner and a kitchen set in another. I had a single circular rug in the middle of the room and no furniture except a knee-high table I had found abandoned in the garbage. Hanging by a thread from the ceiling was my only light source, besides a weak oil lantern. It was the first I'm seeing it in all its glory. With my newly-obtained handsome reward of the Beskar steel, I could spruce the place up or even find a completely new home. On a whole another planet possibly.

I touched my cheeks with the tips of my fingers, examining every freckle that speckled the bridge of my nose and faded under my dark-brown eyes. I don't remember having those markings when I was a child. My hair of the same color as my irises was wavier than it felt, the tips stopped just short of my shoulders, which were quite broad. The thick bangs swooped across my forehead to the right side in the mirror and hooked around my ear. My nose fit perfectly in the middle of my face, but my favorite feature was my bright, pearly smile. I never imagine I'd grown up to be so pretty...

I'd wish I owned a bigger mirror so I could see all of me at once. I was aware I was shorter than most, most noticably when I stood next to Mando. I estimated I was 5'4 at best. My fingers were enduring, almost unnaturally long for my much smaller palms.

What intrigued me most was my sense of style in clothing. I had always chosen my attire by touch, feeling the fabric texture and efficiency, and matching accordingly. Color never occurred to me, so for all I knew I could be wearing a beacon. Instead, I found myself entirely covered in forest colors of dark green and brown, with dull silver armor on my chest, arms, and shins. Over my head, I typically wore a light-brown hood.

When I was finally content with beholding myself, I found myself pacing around my quarters, the cannister full of riches sitting on the table staring at me. "What to do? What to do?" I muttered out loud. My mind began to wander, and eventually...Mando appeared, and then the baby...I collasped on my cot with my face in my hands, the very hands I was just admiring minutes ago. Something I could never do if that child didn't heal my eyes...did it choose to do that, or was it subconsciously? Either way, it was good. Not evil.