PROLOGUE

Pandora Rosier had been alone her whole life

Pandora Rosier had been alone her whole life. Even before her mother had gone, or her father forced into life in a psychiatric hospital. She had always been alone.

She tried not to be, in the beginning. But she was different from the kids in the village. They didn't seem to appreciate her willingness to hang out with one of them, didn't appreciate her sudden fixation, or wanting them to herself.

They didn't appreciate how she acted or treated them, how she would pluck things out of their grasps just because she wanted them - just because they were pretty.

Her mother had taught her like that, treated her like a canvas that needed painting, a block of marble that needed to be chiselled into shape. To Dysnomia Rosier, her daughter was a product of her beauty, a clone of herself - someone who she created simply to perfect, dress up like a doll and keep forever.

To others, Pandora was scary, someone you couldn't understand and would never need to - especially if you didn't interest her. Pandora liked pretty things, she took pretty things and kept them for herself.

And damage she caused was cleared up by others, any crying children calmed by parents and the reason behind their upset ignored. Of course there were those who tried to protest it, but when a child was living alone, there was nothing they could do.

The Cursed Castle had a permanently dark aura around it, and had originally been built by Adonis Rosier for his wife. She had seemed perfectly normal at first, the beautiful pureblood daughter of Daeva and Adrian Avery.

The perfect wife, who bore no complaints to his values and a fellow Slytherin. Except it appeared that she wasn't so normal, and that she had certain qualities that didn't just come because of blood purity or being a Slytherin.

Dysnomia was nefarious, in the most hideous way. But the thing was, she could hide it perfectly. To any other person, she simply was someone who supported blood purity to a high extent. 

But behind closed doors, Dysnomia was a demon, hiding behind perfectly ironed robes, elegantly curled hair and spiked black nails. She seemed like any other pureblood mother. But she was a monster. 

For Dysnomia, Pandora was her dress-up doll. Hours could be spent sat in front of the woman's vanity, stood above her daughter and brushing through her perfect long hair. Later on, they would sit opposite sides of the library, the woman writing her books whilst Pandora sat and read - only the ones that her mother approved of, of course. 

It was always like that, from as soon as Pandora could read. She would sit for hours in silence, and when she would go to school she would do the very same. 

Children didn't like her, didn't like her attitude, didn't like how she would sit or stare, and none of them wanted to be friends with her. The only person who ever dared, was the child she helped whilst walking along the river one morning. 

She found them at the edge of the forest, bleeding and half naked, whimpering over the cuts covering their body. Pandora would help him, not knowing that she had met him before, and had spent time together.

In the form of Pandora walking, and the child would follow her around. Until Dysnomia found out about it. And instantly put a stop to it. Pandora was alone again, and so she would live like that.

Then one day, a month or so after she turned ten, Pandora would sit in her room listening to her parents shouting. But it was worse than usual, and slowly, she would make her way out into the hall. 

The shouting would stop, and a thud could be heard. 

Pandora never saw her mother again, watched as her father drag the limp body into the basement and that was the end of it. And then a week later, her father was taken away. 

She would hide when the police came, and she stayed in the silent house alone, barely leaving the room she was in until the visits from the Ministry of Magic stopped, they were trying to find her - but they never did. 

From then, Pandora was truly alone, and when her Hogwarts letter came, it was locked away. And then every year the same thing happened, a new one would arrive near the end of August, and Pandora would store it away. 

Until the sixth year she was due to go to Hogwarts. The letter would arrive, and Pandora had decided she finally had enough of staring at the blank walls. 

And so, she left, going to Diagon Alley and getting everything she needed before returning to the Cursed Castle. Then, when the 1st of September came, she would go to Hogwarts.

To find out what the wizarding world had become, since she distanced herself from it.