- Sober - Zion Kuwonu -

_______

———-

Y/N rolled her eyes as she helped
her best friend to his bedroom after a long
night at a local Los Angeles party.

"Zion, this has got to stop. I've damn near
carried you home for two weeks straight."

"It ain't even that bad." Zion slurred his words.
Y/N slammed her fist into the white bedroom
door causing it to open. She unwrapped Zion's arm from around her shoulder and flopped him on the bed face first.

"Y/N. I really love you." Zion said as she took off Zion's white Air Forces.

"I love you too, Z'." Y/N said in a blunt tone. She was over taking care for him every night. If the man  wanted to drink, he needed to be able to take care of himself.

Zion pushed himself off the bed and faced Y/N.
"No you don't. Not in the way I love you."

"Zion," The girl shook her head at her best friend, "Go to bed."

"No. I'm telling you now 'cause I'm not gonna have the balls to tell you tomorrow. Y/N, I love you. I've loved you since the day you came over to take care of me when I had the flu."

"Z'. You ain't in the right mind right now to talk about this. If you feel like the same way in the morning, then we'll talk about it." Y/N tried to convince the man to sleep. She didn't believe one word that came out of his mouth. Zion has endless amount of girls at all times. He didn't have feelings for Y/N when he had other girls.

"Fine," Zion ripped off his shirt so his toned, tanned, abs were exposed, "But under one condition. You stay here with me tonight."

Y/N breathed out heavily. "Fine." She took her shoes off and her jacket. Zion snuggled himself into his black comforter. Y/N joined him but stayed a safe distance away from him.

"I'mma prove it to you in the morning." Zion told Y/N.

"You ain't even gonna remember this happened when you're sober."

In the morning Y/N woke up to Zion tossing and turning in the bed. "Why do I get drunk every night?" Zion grumbled.

"Hell if I know." Y/N responded with a groggy morning voice. She flipped over and faced him in the bed.

"I'm going to stop. This too much."

"I would deeply appreciate that. I wouldn't have to be your babysitter every night." Y/N said with annoyance in her voice. "You say the craziest things too. Last night you were going off about how you loved me in a way I didn't love you." Y/N chuckled.

Zion's face went blank and he didn't say anything. He couldn't even look at Y/N in the eyes. Y/N's heart started to race, was it true, did he actually love her?

"Z', say something." Y/N told him in a panicked voice.

"Would it be bad if I was telling the truth last night?" Zion asked in a small voice. Y/N's jaw wanted to drop to the floor but she didn't want to be rude or insensitive. What was she going to say to him? What if she somewhat loved him too?

———-
word count : 554