Chapter 27

Lillys POV

Vanessa and I walk off to find her brother! I walk beside her, seeing her long dark brown hair sway with each step. She practically skips as she talks to me, explaining how the pack runs and how hard my parents looked for me.

We find her brother in the massive game room that this castle has. This castle acts as a pack house, when it is much larger than a normal one. She asks her brother, Seth, to go on a walk with the future Alpha and her. I blush when she refers to me as the future Alpha, but don't say anything. What am I supposed to say?

"Hi Alpha, I'm Seth! I'm sorry you've had to deal with my sister Vanessa, she's a wild one," Seth apologizes, while sending a smirk towards his sister.

"No, it f-fine! She v-very nice and fun!" I explain, receiving a bright smile from Vanessa at my complement.

"Thank you, Lilly! You are so pretty and sweet I could just eat you up!" She exclaims, her eyes shining with happiness. I'm also happy, glad I found a friend and my family.

Seth looks at me with so much excitement that I'm confused. I tilt my head and my soft waves of hair fall over my shoulder. Why is he excited?

Seth sees my confusions and explains, "I'm so excited because the pack has been waiting for you to be found since you were stolen. We have been praying to the Moon Goddess, hoping you would return home safely, and here you are! I'm just so glad you are so safe."

I blush and look down, not knowing how to react or handle someone saying that. They've been waiting for me? They have so much faith in me, that I will be able to lead the pack. I just learned about the werewolf world and I find out that people have been waiting for me to be found.

"Th-thank you! I n-never e-expected people to want me s-safe!" I never had people to care for me, and now I have a family. I have two whole packs who care for me, even if I don't know them.

"Well, a whole pack does and will be thrilled to hear that you have been found!" Seth exclaims, light shining in his eyes. He looks ready to burst, bouncing up and down on his toes.

Vanessa calms him down by saying, "No one can know until the Alphas inform the pack. I am to protect Lilly with my life, and I don't need people knowing she is here and swarming her."

"Will do big sis, my lips are sealed!"

We keep walking, chatting about small things like the scenery or the sky. Then I see a large pool that is outside. We start walking towards it, my eyes flicking back and forth from Seth and the pool. I wonder when Vanessa is going to push him in! Maybe she was just kidding?

Vanessa's face shows no emotions as we walk beside the large clear pool. "So I told him, 'If you touch my Oreos again I'll shove the box so far up your ass that you taste the crumbs," She says casually.

When Seth goes to respond, she flashes me a smirk and nods along. "I can't believe you did tha-"

I cover my mouth with my hands as I gasp. She brutally pushed him into the pool with no warning. I see him quickly swim up and and send a harsh glare towards Vanessa. She bursts out laughing, causing me to let out a little giggle. Seth's eyes soften as he looks at me, but he goes back to glaring. "I'm so going to get you!" He yells, quickly making his way out of the pool.

Vanessa grabs my hand, still laughing, and drags me away while running. We pass plenty of people, who just give knowing smirks. I guess this is a normal thing for Vanessa. They do look at me questioningly, not recognizing me. I don't pay much mind to it as I sprint to keep up with Vanessa.

We make it back to the living room where my Dad is staring down Jaxson. My Dad looks to me, seeing me panting and out of breath. His eyes soften and sends a quick glance to Jaxson and says, "We'll talk about this later."

Jaxson eyes Vanessa and drags me into his arms. He's not very trusting when it comes to who protects me, but seeing that I'm not injured and my Dad approves of her, he lets it go. Still struggling to breathe from the run, I take a deep breath in Jaxson's arms. I look up with a smile on my face, and Jaxson beams right back at me.

We stare at each other until someone burst into the room, screaming, "VANESSA! I'M FREEZING AND I THINK I HAVE HYPOTHERMIA! MY TOES ARE TURNING BLUE! I'M GOING TO GET YOU!"

Vanessa's face fills with amusement as Jaxson pushes me behind him and puts his guard up. Seth quickly calms down and stands still, staring up at his Alphas with embarrassment. "I'm so sorry, Alphas, I followed Vanessa's scent after she pushed me into the pool and found her here. I didn't mean to barge in or disrespect you."

His dark hair is so wet that it looks black. He left a trail of dripping water, and there is a puddle collecting at his feet. My parents look at each other with amusement before looking back to Seth with a blank look. "It's okay, just don't run in the pack house again. And no screaming. You are dismissed," My Dad says sternly.

After shooting Vanessa a quick glare that Vanessa responds to with a smirk, Seth walks out the door, yelling a quick, "Bye, Alpha Lilly!"

As soon as he is out of ear shot, My parents and Vanessa burst out laughing. Jaxson looks at me, amusement clear in his eyes. Soon, Jaxson is chuckling, and between laughs he says, "I cant believe you guys actually pushed him into the pool!"

"It was a-all Vanessa!" I exclaim, not wanting to get in trouble. I'm also chuckling, finding this situation funny.

My parents look towards me and my Mom reassures, "Don't worry, as long as no one was harmed you guys can have fun. I'm glad Vanessa and you enjoyed yourselves!"

Vanessa smiles at me, "We really did! Seth talked with Lilly a little and we ran through the pack house. Lilly wasn't in any danger, and if she was I would protect her."

My Dad looks at Vanessa, and replies with, "Thank you Vanessa, you have been a great Beta and I'm sure you will be a great Beta for Lilly. I'm so happy you guys are getting along well."

"Speaking of Lilly being Alpha, when will you pass off the title?" Vanessa questions, letting her curiosity get the best of her.

My Dad quickly turns serious, "That is something that we need to discuss with Lilly. If you could leave us, Vanessa, we will inform you of the decision later."

Vanessa leaves quickly after giving me a soft hug, and my parents turn to me. Jaxson's hand squeezes mine, giving me reassurance.

"You are turning 18 in three weeks, but you haven't had any Alpha training. If you had been here since you were a child, we would have trained you so you could take your place as Alpha," my Mom explains, me nodding my head, understanding.

My Dad finishes for her, "So we were thinking, maybe you should complete Alpha training and then become Alpha. The training takes at least 6 months. We would start right away, but we need a way to train you and stay with our packs."

That doesn't sound too bad. I didn't expect to be an Alpha, so waiting a few extra months isn't a big problem. I nod my head, saying that I like the idea. Jaxson quickly says, "Use your words, Love."

"Th-that's a good idea!" I blurt out as fast as I can, to make Jaxson happy. My face reddens as my parents let out quiet giggles and Jaxson looks at me, his amusement showing on his grinning face.

"Well, we were thinking that maybe we should move to North Carolina, to help you be more comfortable. We would build a new large pack house like this one, and let this be a house for homeless children. Our work helps abandoned pack kids, so we already have the staff to take over and give these kids a great home until someone adopts them," my Dad explains, hope in his voice that I agree.

I don't say anything, thinking over this decision. I don't think I would feel comfortable moving. I just got used to Jaxson's pack and then I would be moving two states over? We couldn't do that to the pack! They've lived there their whole lives. But so has this pack! I feel bad making anyone move.

Seeing my indecision, my Mom quickly adds, "Our pack is more exclusive, meaning there are less members than your pack. It would be easier to move our pack than yours."

That makes sense. Making my decision, I nod quickly then remember to use my words, "I think y-you should move to us. It'd be g-good for many r-reasons."

They nod, taking in my input and finalizing the idea, "So it's official! We are moving to North Carolina!"