The Only One for Me

The weather is windy today, but the sky are perfect. Guests filling in the canopies, loud, warm, inviting chatters occupied the atmosphere. His heart were aching, in a good way and his hands drumming slowly at the windowsill.

"Are you nervous?"

Quake turn his head from the outside view towards the door. He was expecting Thunderstorm, since he is the one who insist on helping him throughout the wedding.

But you're not in his expectations list.

"W-what are you doing here?" he stuttered, he aren't ready to see her yet. Not in that dress, not until the solemnation.

"What kind of question is that? Its our wedding of course I'll be here." she giggled, not minding how much that would give affect to his blood pressure.

"You should be in your room, dear. The wedding will start soon and-" she cupped his hand in hers, gently pressing them with her small ones. Lips curved upwards, glossed with probably delicious flavour which he might have kissed her now instead of later, pupils dilated fixing only him. Only him reflected in her eyes.

"Quake. Before I walk in here, I... was questioning myself. 'is this real?', 'am i dreaming?', 'will i be the perfect wife for him?'

is this the right thing to do?

questions, questions and what ifs invaded me. I was scared. Scared if I'm wrong. Scared if I doubting too much I'll end up miserable. Scared..."

"Hey..." Quake, lacing his fingers with her, warm, comforting, his thumb caressing hers, his eyes dewy and she can look away from his gaze.

"..but I think, I shouldn't have to worry anymore about it." She said. "They said the answers always lies within the eyes."

"And I found what I seek in yours."

Before he knew it, her hand reached up cupping his face. Wiping the wet cheeks with her palm. "Never, never had someone said something so genuine...with love...to me that way." he mumbles, caressing the veil on her head. "I-"

She stopped him midway, placing her finger on his lips.

"Save that on the ceremony."

A naughty smile plays on that lips of hers, she back away slowly to the door. Quake chuckles, shaking his head. "See you on the altar."

"See you." she winks, before excusing herself out.

Quake can't but grinning like a fool. Cupping his warm face with his cold hands, he breathe in the remaining air to calm his rapid heart dance. "Silly girl, making me crazy all over."

and i found what i seek in yours

"'of course you are. you're the only one for me.'"