Chapter 8: The File

First Chapter of the New Year! Sorry for not updating for almost a month!

Through the entire weekend, only one subject occupies your mind and scared everything else off like the plague. That subject was your family. Everything may sound bad, but you couldn't be happier than to think of what the next reunion may hold in store. Despite the reunion running short, you never realized how quickly one person can grow to love another. They're dysfunctional at best, but if you put all the pieces together you'll have a family. Before then, you were afraid they'd all hate you with every fiber of their being. Most families aren't very welcoming of new members when they're already large as it was! Well, at least you know your stepmother has taken a liking to you, especially towards Shoto. That old woman was all over him like a fly to garbage. Is it wrong to call her a cougar? Best to keep that in mind rather than speech. Same could be said to April, especially when she's married and has a child of her own. What is wrong with those two really? Luckily your brother, Shun, kept his maturity. Sort of... He's salty like a pretzel because of school and all but deep down if you're patient with him he's warm and friendly. Something between the two of you clicked and you can't wait to see him again in particular. Nyah, the oldest sister of forty years, remained cold and disconnected from everyone. You don't even recall sharing a line of dialogue with her. You can't really blame her though thanks to a few words of wisdom that your own father shared with you. Nyah had her interests in the wrong places and too worried about the future since she's on unstable ground. Dad warned you that she was a failing lawyer; almost all of Nyah's cases had lost in court. She's not happy to say the least...

Really, your hopes have skyrocketed as you can't wait to see them again the following weekend. Call yourself impatient, but you've already put in your request to leave school campus and spend the entire weekend with them. The permission hasn't been granted yet, but you're stoked to visit them nevertheless. Now it's Monday and that means only four more days till you can see them again.

Everything was quiet yet peaceful. You had the radio on as background noise while you prepared ahead for the day. The extra minute to groom yourself isn't gonna hurt anyone. Straighten out the hair, maybe do it up, fluff it out, who knows? Gotta get rid of this bed head somehow. The second you sat down before the vanity was when the bedroom door rocked with a heavy force of motion which drew your full attention. Whoever was on the other side sounded eager to get in. "Hey (Y/n)... Are you in here?" You recognized the voice as Shoto's. He sounds alarmed for a change.

You hummed, "Yeah?" You were brushing your hair and refused to open up the door. "I'll be out soon. Door's open by the way!" Without a second to spare, Shoto invited himself into the room quickly and closed the door behind himself with a breath of relief. "Do you need something? We almost always meet up in the lounge."

"You're running late," Shoto signified with himself all roaring and ready to go in his UA uniform. His tie however could use a little work. It wasn't straight, very sloppily done and practically begged to be redone.

Forget about the tie there's other things that are more important! "Sh-Shoot!" You realized how late you were running and threw on the coat to your uniform in a struggled frenzy. "How late am I?"

"There's no time to eat now..." Shoto waited downstairs forever just for you but you never came.

It's that late... "I'm sorry," you puffed out your cheeks. "I'm never like this..." Normally, you're up and ready to tackle the day well before most of the class. You're up early enough that you have the time to help Sato with preparing the class breakfast. If Shoto is ready before you are, then that just says how badly you've fallen behind. Shoto isn't a morning person. He'll sleep in as long as he possibly can and then groggily join everyone for breakfast. When you mean join, he has no choice but to take his meal for the road or scarf it down.