18: Finding You on the Horizon

Flashback continues.

He felt something for her...he knew that. As the days passed by, he wanted to get to know this secretary of his more and more.

He felt something unusual for her...one which he couldn't comprehend. It had been a year since she had started working for him.

She had sparked something in him...ignited a strange feeling...that  wanted to get closer to her.

That day, he was at his home  to get some files from his dad.

He had left Miss Kim with his mom who had grown too fond of her.

When he had gotten those files, he was climbing down the stairs. He stopped when he heard his name being mentioned in their conversation.

"Miss Kim, what do you think about Jimin?", His mom asked enthusiastically.

"What should I think?", She asked in confusion.

"Maybe you two can be together? You are perfect for my son. Do you have any feelings for him?", His mom said.

Leave it to his mom to match him with everyone.

But her answer had disappointed him.

"No, Mrs Park. I can't think of Mr Park like that. Our relationship is and will always be professional. He is just my boss and I am just his secretary. There can be nothing more than that."

She had drawn a clear line between them that day.

"Yes, how can you think of something else between us, Jimin?", He had thought. "There can be nothing more than that."

From that day onwards, he had stopped himself from developing this attraction to you. To forget you, he had  pushed you away, distancing himself from you.

And now he had pushed you away too far that he had forgotten to catch up with this secretary of his, though she was always trying to catch up with him.

***

The cooking competition began and everyone busily started doing their work. The other employees who weren't participating were having a good time drinking coffee and walking nearby. There was time for one and half hour for the participants.

I immediately started as soon as the competition started. I  was a bit nervous since it was my first time participating in an event like this and there were many other participants who were more talented in cooking than me. Nevertheless, I didn't lose hope and continued doing my work.

Finally, the time finished and the host stopped the participants. Then, one by one the participants were called and the judges tasted the food. One of them was Jimin and he was the pickiest eater I had ever known.

Jimin's face was emotionless and his eyes were crystal clear with emptiness. So, his face made him look ten times more scary and the participants were shaking in fear.

Finally, my turn came and I walked to the table with the food that I had placed on the plate.

"Good afternoon everyone.", I greeted them.