Chapter 7: Of Service

Media: https://pin.it/4a7ZpQL

---

This good day, Fong momo was explaining how the accounting worked in household management to Hong Chun.

She knew the young lady of the house learned things fast despite her looking airheaded most of the time.

So the old nurse wasn't having any problems at all and was satisfied with their pacing.

Nobody felt that Hong Chun was bored as hell and would do anything to drop all of these.

But if she was to be married, she guessed these basic skills were needed so she wouldn't be looked down upon by the husband's family.

The accounting of the Hong fu was all done by Yi-shi. Without her here, Fong momo had to step in but she took it as her duty to teach their young miss.

It was problematic for the elder that Hong Chun never followed her mother to the stock room of the house.

Instead, she would stay cooped up in her own small courtyard every day or be dragged around town by the miss from Mao family.

So one must know Fong momo's happiness when their young lady was especially obedient today.

Entering the innermost room of the courtyard, the old nurse explained, "This here will be your dowry once you marry. Master spent years to add to Madam's old dowry so we have quite the sum here. A'Chun can walk with your head held high once you move in."

She stopped and looked at Hong Chun.

"A'Chun, this servant witnessed how Master and Madam are so picky about your betrothed. They won't settle for anyone less so rest assured that you will spend your married days comfortably."

Her eyes were getting teary up to here. "...This might not be my place to say it but this servant also knows that if your husband mistreated you one bit, Master will be the first one to recommend divorce. So you... don't be scared of this wedding."

Hong Chun's lips twitched upon hearing the last sentence.

"Momo, I think you're more scared than me. If someone heard you, they'll think that I'm at the losing end of the stick here."

Her tone was airy and there was mirth. A clear sign that she never really took this marriage seriously.

Fong momo sighed. How could they get it in their young miss' head that marriage wasn't a joke?

When they were out in the yard, a servant girl came. "Miss, a young man's outside and looking for someone surnamed Hong. He didn't specify who, though."

The nurse who hadn't quite gotten over her sentiments looked over Hong Chun. The words 'young man' didn't sit well with her.

The momo's blatant stare was starting to irritate Hong Chun. Did she ever come across as a frivolous woman?

But before the miss could talk, the nurse bowed a bit and said. "This servant will go."

The young lady wasn't supposed to meet male guests.

Seeing her so determined, Hong Chun relented. "I'll wait at the main hall."

The old woman was about to complain but she cut her off, "At least one person surnamed Hong should entertain this guest."

She had a point. Fong momo couldn't say no to this so they walked to two opposite directions.

Hong Chun was drinking tea when the person entered the main hall.