Chapter 15

We had finally gotten to Lukes, I went with Luke while Charlie took her own car, usually, she would come with us but she had cheer practice for the first big game coming up and therefore decided she'd just go straight there from Luke's

We had finally gotten to Lukes, I went with Luke while Charlie took her own car, usually, she would come with us but she had cheer practice for the first big game coming up and therefore decided she'd just go straight there from Luke's. I would just go back with mom and Robert.

As soon as we walk inside I run to Miles's room to jump on him and wake him up. He was still sleeping from the no doubt late-night party he had attended last night.

"Miles," I sing happily as I jump on him, making him stir slightly in his sleep.

"Miles wake upppp," I yell in his ear and hear him groan.

"Little E, you weigh nothing and if you wanted to wake me up jumping on me is probably the least effective way," he mumbles into his pillow. I pout.

"Oh come on, it's like 12:30," I state rolling off him and lying beside him.

"Great, I don't have to be awake for roughly 7 hours," he groans.

Seriously?!

"Everyone is coming over for lunch, my mom and Elijah will be here soon," I try again hopefully. He had always loved my mom almost as much as he did Elijah and I.

"Okay okay, I'm getting up" He finally gives in crawling out of bed. He was wearing a T-shirt and boxes, presumably leftover from last night. His hair was a mess and he smelt heavily of puke and alcohol.

"Come find me when you clean up," I request standing up and walking out of his room to let him get ready. He looked terrible, he has to know how much it would kill Maddi to see him like this.

Sighing I walk back into Luke's room and lie down beside Charlie while Luke is nowhere to be seen, probably getting dressed.

"Did you wake up Miles?" Charlie smiles at me.

"Yeah, he looks gross, he needs to stop partying so much," I roll my eyes.

She looks at me sadly for a moment, I can see she is about to say something but she pulls back the last second before she just resorts in smiling.

"We should probably go help Mel and David," Charlie says standing up, I groan dramatically but join her as we giggle and walk downstairs.

"Hey Mel, how can we help?" I ask happily as soon as I see her and give her a hug.

"Hello girls, you look beautiful," Mel smiles as she hugs Charlie, "Would you guys just mind setting the table, David and I have the rest sorted."

We nod instantly and get to work.

"Who are these beautiful girls in my dining room?" We hear a voice from behind us.

I turn around and smile brightly when I see David, I absolutely adored David and I knew Charlie felt the same. After all these years, he and Mel were still so in love and it has always been amazing to see.