Chapter 89

Colton

I let a low whistle loose from my lips as I watched the fireball of a building crumbling into what little pieces there was left, nobody would be surviving that rubble. "Well that's some very strong precautions." Tucker gaped in disbelief, the surprise was felt through everyone. "How in the world did she pull off bombing the place under everyone's noses?" Bowen shook his head in a certain awed amazement. "Am I the only one here realizing that we could have been blown to pieces too!?" Gavin gasped out in exasperation. "But we weren't, she wouldn't have risked it if she didn't know she could get everyone out." I soothed, I certainly hope she wouldn't have.

 "At least now we know why she didn't want us to look in her bag, knowing I was holding explosives would bot have ended well." Simon shuddered. "We should get moving, Sid needs to be treated and we need to get out of here before the fire department shows up." Bowen gave the order. "Yeah, don't want them to think we did all that." Micah nodded to the burning remains. "So many people..." Fletcher whispered softly. 

"She did it for us remember, those people weren't innocent, after all they wanted our blood soaking tgat sand too." Beck stated firmly and the pup nodded. I was about to add my own piece of agreement when Sidney groaned in pain inside the jeep, and then she started coughing hard enough to hack up a lung. "We should hurry, she doesn't sound good." I hissed urgently as everyone piled into both vehicles and we were speeding off towards home. The she wolf had just saved us all, now it was our turn to save her from giving up entirely, she needed us now more than ever.

                                                   Sidney

Pain. All I could feel was excruciating pain. The adrenaline that had kept me moving had worn off and now I was going in and out of consciousness to the rev of the jeep engine. I was fighting the poison in my veins but this one felt far different than any of the others, it was like I could feel it tearing me apart from the inside out. "Hold on Sid, just hold on." The voice was so far away even though I could feel his touch on my arm. The cold of his hand against my skin had me shaking, I felt like I was freezing as my teeth chattered roughly. "She's burning up, Beck drive faster!" The cold touch went away but the chill kept my teeth chattering, the voice was so fuzzy I couldn't identify it. 

"I'm going as fast as I can, if we get pulled over we'll be in even worse shape!" A voice snapped back from beside me, a distant drone filled my mind then, voices that were familiar and yet alien. "Geez she's so weak she's got an open link going, Simon can you feel that too?" A voice in the back of my mind put a name to the question, Emmett, I knew that name. "Something is very wrong, Beck we need to take her to the hospital!" The voice identified this one as Simon but panic flooded me, for I recognized one word that was very dangerous. "No hospital, no!" I fought the constriction over my chest as the words slurred out but then my muscles turned to gel again.

 "We're almost home, keep her from fighting the seat belt if you can, 20 minutes and we'll see what we can do." A voice droned off as the fuzzy voices in my mind called my name and darkness pulled me back under. I was jolted awake by a loud bang that had my head pounding, everything was blurry, there was just so much pain. "Good, you made it back." A male voice had me struggling to claw at the restraint holding me in the freezing jeep, the evil strap would not let go and there were more voices in my head now. "Alvalrado what are you doing here?" A powerful buzz questioned.