Chapter 25

We didn't see our newest member for a couple of days as he was settling into his new abilities. Unfortunately for him word of his arrival spread throughout the entire school and rumors had spread with it. Many moved away from him when they passed by him. Azazel and Joseph were different than the others. They roped him in to hanging out with us during meals and after classes. He and I had history together so we mostly worked and studied together.

Today though, I was hit with a shitty realization. The Dragon Festival is coming up and I have to come up with something to wear that will become tradition. The guys wear black pants, black boots, and gold arm bands. The arm bands and boots I had, but the rest of my outfit was missing. I scrolled through websites, trying to figure something out. "What are you doing," Mirio asked as he and Azazel sat down at breakfast. "I have yet to figure out what to wear for the celebration," I grumbled. "No pressure or anything but what I choose will be set as tradition for future female warriors."

"Isn't the clothing part of the tradition based off of Ragior customs," Mirio asked us. Ragior was a band of warriors who started the traditions. Ragior were fierce and hated armor. Azazel nodded, "Yeah." Mirio nodded and pulled out his sketchbook. He was really good at drawing, but sometimes he spent too much time drawing and not enough time doing his school work. Azazel shrugged, "If worse comes to worse, you could just get injured and not show up." I rolled my eyes, "I'm so not doing that."

Jocelyn then came down, slamming her tray down, "That bitch is going to get throat punched." "Who," I asked her. "Becca. Who else could I be talking about," she asked me. "Daisy or that newest roommate of yours," I answered. She nodded, "Fair enough." She sat down, "Becca has reached a whole new level of bitch. So as you guys know, the talent show is coming up, and I shit you not. This bitch thought it would be okay to look through my crafting supplies, saying my stuff was fresher than hers. It's like she's worried I'm going to beat her again this year. I wasn't even planning on trying out this year. That didn't matter to her though."

"There's a talent show," I asked her. She gave me this dumbfounded look. "Do you not pay attention to any of the blogs or posts online," she asked me. I shook my head, "I find that all pointless." She rolled her eyes, "So the talent show is like what regular schools have, but we're allowed to use magic and our god gifted abilities. Last year I did a traditional Gypsy dance with my special ability and magic. It beat Becca's skanky dance routine, and she was pissed. What she doesn't know is that I'm judging the try outs this year. Of course I have to keep it fair, but I can say they other two judges don't really care for her either, so she may not even make it past try outs."

"Since you share a room with her, just sabotage her," Mirio said as he passed me his sketchbook. "How about you wear something like that?" It was a design for a black skirt that was done in a tattered layered style and that top was a simple band of cloth that went around my breasts and tied behind my neck. "It's amazing, but where am I going to find something like that," I asked him. It was Jocelyn's turn to take the sketchbook. "What's this for?" "She needs something to wear for the Festival," Azazel said as he looked it over. "Looks good." "I can make that," Jocelyn told me. "Really," I asked her while raising an eyebrow. She nodded, "Yeah. I have a sewing machine so it'll be done quickly. I just need to buy the fabric and get your measurements." She passed the sketchbook back to Mirio and he tore out the page and handed it to her. "After training I'll meet you at the Priest house and we can do your measurements."

I nodded, "Sounds great." Joseph sat down, "Can anyone tell me how to get Chester from snoring? Holy shit can that guy saw logs." "I can give you ear plugs," Jocelyn offered. He shook his head, "Naw. It would keep me from being able to hear if we're ever attacked." He had a point, I thought. He looked at me with a sigh, "Must be nice not having a roommate." I smirked, "It's beautiful." He chuckled and shook his head. After breakfast we all went to our classes.