Chapter nineteen: Always have a plan B

"Let me out!" Jeremy's pleading went right through one ear and out through the other by the two angels who had pulled the short straw, and were stuck listening to the human talk. Jeremy had decided that if they were going to kidnap him, just to end up ignoring him, then he would make sure they were suffering too. Sure, this was better than getting tortured, but right now he felt like the silence might just be a form of torture in itself.

While Jeremy couldn't see the time, he was pretty sure he'd been sitting on the cold cobblestone ground for hours now if his sore butt was anything to go by. He'd been taken in the dead of night; at first he tried to struggle, but the grip around him was iron tight, and he had honestly always been weak. After some time he went slack instead, thinking they wouldn't want to carry someone so heavy, but then he remembered how Luci had carried him for hours without complaining, so he went back to struggling.

If they were supposed to hide the directions to where they were headed, then the angels were doing a poor job. Not that he'd ever be able to run away because the two angels sprouted wings and flew him out of Lucifer's realm without missing a beat. After that he may or may not have fainted from the height. It was scary, okay?

Either the human was passed out for ages or else the trip just didn't take long, because before he knew it, he was being chucked into a room; like a bedroom type of room that had an empty closet, a broken nightstand and a mattress that looked like someone died on it (Hence why he chose to sit on the ground). It was clearly a very shabby house since it was freezing cold and the flooring was cobblestone, but Jeremy still wanted to test a theory, "Where are we?"

The two angels had glanced at each other for a moment before one quietly asked the other guard, "How much are we allowed to tell him?" The taller guard shrugged and replied, "Heaven." Jeremy's frown and visible cringe caused the angels to frown back at him, "I'm disappointed, I thought Heaven was a lot prettier? This is shitty."

"Of course you're not in the good part of Heaven! God doesn't want to air his dirty laundry—his mistakes," the smaller angels said before the tall guy smacked him on the chest to tell him to shut up. Jeremy had nodded, taking in all the information they'd let slip, "So am I in prison?"

"This is Heaven, we don't need prison cells," the guard snorted.

"So I can leave?" The human asked, knowing the outcome but it wouldn't hurt to try. Both angels stood straighter and squared their shoulder so fast it almost looked comical, "No." After this ordeal, they both decided to fall completely silent to avoid leaking too much information—much to Jeremy's annoyance. That was how he ended up with a butt he currently couldn't feel anymore and a mind running wild.

Getting kidnapped wasn't what he expected it to be like. Not that he'd ever imagined he'd end up getting kidnapped by angels on orders from God himself. It was almost anticlimactic in a way—not that he preferred getting beat up, and tried to find ways to entertain himself. He had already walked over to the window to peer out but a deep voice stopped him from going too close, "Don't even think about it."

He had stopped a meter away from the window and took a look at his surroundings; small, rundown houses littered the landscape, but there were no people at all—it was a complete ghost town. In a way he was glad, because you wouldn't want to go to Heaven just to realise that Hell looked a lot better. In the faraway distance was a blanket of deep, dark clouds that casted the land beneath it into complete darkness: the Garden of Eden. It had to be.

As it turned out, there was nothing else to do than bug the guards. "What am I supposed to do here anyway?"

The tall guard yawned, "You're going to stay in here."

Jeremy almost rolled his eyes, "Well, I can't stay in here forever, this is a bedroom and I'm going to catch a cold." The guard shrugged, clearly unbothered by this, so the human tried a different approach. "You're angels, aren't you supposed to be nice to humans?"

They both looked at him; the short angel kept quiet, wishing the human would shut up soon, while the taller angel eyed him for a moment before sighing, "Yeah, don't worry, you won't get hurt." The human smiled a little in a small thanks and stared at his hands. "I'll go see if there's some food in this place. I trust you can handle it yourself," the angel told the short one who only nodded in response. He quickly left the room and closed the door behind him, rummaging in the house could be heard before the front door opened and shut a few seconds later. He had left the building.

Jeremy bit his lip and carefully looked at the angel left. He didn't notice his staring because he was too busy glaring into the ground. With a deep breath of confidence, the human broke the silence, "Lucifer will look for me."

"Shut up and sit still!" He ordered, clearly ill-tempered. "He will," Jeremy whispered back but it was mostly to convince himself.

"I told you to shut up!" The guard suddenly screamed, his calm exterior completely gone. "God doesn't like you, the devil doesn't like you, nobody likes you, so shut your mouth and be quiet!" He suddenly kicked Jeremy's injured ankle causing him to yelp and tear up.

"Lucifer likes me," he whispered back brokenly. The angel snorted with little amusement, "Is that why he kept trying to feed you to Cerberus? Or why he practically begged us to take you away? How he has been plotting your death since day one?" It was all lies but it broke the small boy's heart into pieces nonetheless. Tears kept welling up in his eyes and he did nothing to stop them from falling.

Jeremy regretted everything. He just wanted to go back in time and make sure Lucifer knew that he one hundred percent wanted to stay in Hell. He wasn't even sure if the devil would come after him. Why would he? It had been made clear that Jeremy was nothing but a nuisance... but him dying and arriving at Hell seemed like it was ages ago now, and Lucifer acted differently around him.

Heaven wasn't great at all and neither was God—the man who was supposed to love everybody, and yet here he was, curled up in a ball against the wall, whispering Lucifer's name repeatedly under his breath. The only one great in his life was Lucifer.

Lucifer was right, God really didn't have good intentions with the human boy anymore.

A/N: I'm really not happy with this chapter, it's short and bleh. I tried rewriting it but ended up with one sentence more than before as if that made a difference :)) hope you enjoyed it anyway

QUESTION: What's your favourite type of wattpad cliché? And what's your least favourite?

Thank you so much for reading!!