Part 14: Thoughts

John turned to look at the fake joker attacking Sera.

What is going on here?

That Joker wasn't him.

Now Seraphina would think he was Joker.

No. He wasn't Joker.

He wasn't a monster.

************

John ran and punched the Joker on the face, Seraphina looking at them in shock.

Where did John come from?

John: Sera, you OK?

Sera sighed, and leaped forward, kicking the fake Joker in the stomach.

Joker: Augh!

John: You seem to be having a hard time taking down two cripples... why don't you just stay down?

Joker was fuming. Right now, she/he was Joker, the strongest student that had taken down all the Royals. Those cripples...should be scared!

Joker: You nasty cripples... do you have any idea who I am? You all are useless to society!

Joker dashed toward John, when John smirked. He bent down and stuck one of his legs out.

John: Hey Sera, catch!

The Joker tripped on John and Sera grabbed their head to slam it against her knee. Joker fell down, unconscious. John smiled at Sera, although she didn't return it back.

John: Something wrong? We just took out Joker!

Seraphina shook her head and unmasked Joker, revealing a girl with short, blue hair.

John: Well I didn't expect that. I was thinking of a dude.

Sera: Now anyone can be Joker... If she's impersonating him, what will stop others to do the same?

John: I guess that's true.

Sera: So much for living a peaceful life huh? I wonder if Joker was thinking this through. Anyone can attack anyone. Was this all intentional?

John: ...Who knows?

Evie gasped.

Evie: I know that girl! She's really strong! You guys took her down with now abilities! Like wham wham pow- youch!

Sera grabbed Evie and helped her up.

John: Want me to help?

Sera shook her head and went off with Evie, John left alone with the unconscious Joker. He glared at the girl.

*Beep*ing trash!

He kicked the girl in the head one more, and stalked off.

************

Seraphina went to Doc with Evie.

Doc: Here again?

Seraphina: Yes, but this time it's for Evie.

Evie: I'm so sorry!

Doc: It OK, lay her down in the back. I'll take a look soon.

Evie sat down on the bed, Seraphina next to her, thinking.

Having the power to take down teams of royals, to being defenseless had been a tortuous experience. I thought I'd be OK with you at my side John. I thought I could take it.

John, I really admired you. Your attitude, the way you didn't care about what people thought of you. Our conversations, where you agreed with me about the hierarchy and what Royals should do.

Did this ever mean something to you? Or were you just playing a part?

Is this really what you want?

Pain?

Fear?

Violence?

Why... what am I supposed to think?

What am I supposed to believe anymore?

Tears dropped from Seraphina's eyes.

Evie: Seraphina... is something wrong?

Seraphina sighed, wiping away her tears.

Seraphina: It just turns out, someone I've looked up to for a long time was just the same as everyone else.

************