Chapter 28

Lilly's POV

They want to introduce me to their pack! I'm so nervous, my hands are all clammy and I feel a drop of sweat running down my face. Their pack is the best of the best and they are going to look up to me as their next Alpha! I'm just a girl who has no idea what she is doing.

They have a large stage area behind the castle. I see my parents already up there speaking. I don't know what they are saying but everyone is listening to them.

Jaxson is holding my hand, as we are hiding behind the stage. We will walk up when my parents introduce us. I guess that is now because Jaxson squeezes my hand to get my attention and I hear clapping. He gently drags me up the stage and into the center where my parents just were.

I look out at all the faces and see some people crying, my guess tears of joy running down their face. I see some people hugging others, and some people just beaming at me. I don't know what to do, I haven't had people this emotional over me. Jaxson nods towards the microphone so I start speaking, "Hi everyone. My n-name is Lilly Woods and I j-just met my parents! I came from a life t-that was very hard, as you g-guys probably know. I was s-stolen as a child and was a-abused for 17 years. I found my m-mate, Jaxson, and he s-saved me. I'm trying to move p-passed the h-hardships that this h-has caused, so I can be the g-great Alpha you all n-need. I will work hard to be s-strong and learn how to l-lead. I need to b-be strong, for y-you guys."

I stop there, not knowing what else to say. Soon the huge crowd starts clapping and crying. Almost everyone is crying by now, and I feel bad! Why do they cry for me?

I look up to see Jaxson with so much pride on his face that it's hard to comprehend. He's proud of me? He quickly pulls me into a hug, and it shows his emotions. He's proud of me, and he believes in me.

After separating, Jaxson and I step back and my parents dismiss everyone, knowing that I'm not up to meeting them yet.

We walk back up to the office, to talk over the arrangements. Nathan has his eyes peeled out for anyone in case of an attack. He is truly a great warrior.

Jaxson's POV

After talking through all the logistics with Alpha Harold and Alpha Isabelle, we head home. We have a construction company that we own back at home, so we will find a big enough place to put the new pack house. The plan is to build a big pack house, but only big enough for the Alpha families, betas and their families, and so on. This will also include the gammas, head warriors, head scouts, and their families. We will also have another pack house for the rest of their pack on the other side of the big pack house. This means that the big pack house will be in the middle, and we will be expanding our lands.

Knowing that I have to get back to my pack, Nathan, Lilly, and I say our goodbyes. Lilly cries into her parents' shoulders and doesn't want to let them go. They reassure her, "We will see you soon, don't worry baby, we are moving as soon as the new pack houses are built."

After calming down a little, Lilly says goodbye to Vanessa. Lilly starts to cry again, she has gotten a bit attached to her in our time here. She hugs Lilly tightly, and I see the tears shining in her eyes. Vanessa would never admit it, but she cried saying goodbye to Lilly.

Nathan doesn't have to say bye to anyone, having only stood guard. He did chat with Seth a little and they became pretty quick friends. After a quick goodbye and a bro hug, we leave. The Alphas walk us to the edge of their territory, and pull me aside. Lilly's Dad starts off, "You better take good care of our daughter. She was never taught right from wrong so she will believe everything she hears. You have to protect her, and care for her. Be the best mate you can be, because she needs someone there for her when we can't be there."

Isabelle says with teary eyes, "Just take care of our baby, she really needs you and loves you."

With two quick hugs we go to leave. Lilly gives them both another hug after getting up off the ground. Her legs were getting tired to she sat down on the dirt and started collecting leaves. She has a short attention span.

Nathan, Lilly, and I all shift after tying our clothes to our legs, and we're off. We race to the pack house, getting there in a few hours. Lilly and I raced, and she was faster than me! I guess we know why now, she has enhanced speed and senses because she is blessed by the Moon Goddess. I'm so lucky to have her as my mate.

When we get home, it is really late, probably 2 a.m.. I say a quick goodbye and thank you to Nathan, after we shift back, who just softly smiles and waves.

Lilly is so tired that she almost fell asleep on the run, so I pick her up. I carry her to our room, passing some people who up for a late night snack. Sitting Lilly on the bed I tell her that she needs to brush her teeth before she can go to sleep. In response, I hear incoherent mumbles.

She slowly gets up and stumbles into the bathroom and messily brushes her teeth. She still gets the toothpaste everywhere. I help her clean it up like I always do and lead her back to bed. I watch her strip her pants off, leaving on my t-shirt that she wore today. I admire her beauty as she walks over to the bed. I climb into my side of the bed as she immediately comes closer to cuddle. She rests her head on my chest and her beautiful brown hair flows out behind her. Her eyes are closed and I just watch my sleeping mate. Her breaths are even and she is soundly sleeping.

I soon find myself falling asleep too, unable to watch my mate any longer. With tired eyes, I thank the Moon Goddess for my little mate.