Chapter 3: Never healed

"Come with me, Kion. Your face needs to be cleaned from all the blood, so I can get a closer look at it." Rafiki said, walking towards the watering hole. While Kion followed him, Rafiki asked if he could see Kion's claws. "Why do you need to see them?" he responded. "Because it could be the cause of the bleeding." Kion showed Rafiki his claws, which were covered in blood. "I think the bleeding is caused by you scratching your scar with your claws while you were asleep." the mandrill concluded. "Makes sense with the blood on my claws. But I still don't get why I had one of those bad dreams again." Kion said. "Let's first get your face cleaned so I can see your scar." Rafiki said and Kion did as he said. When the blood was washed off he pulled his head out of the water. He came closer to Rafiki so he could have a look at it. "This does not look good." "What is it Rafiki?" "Let's go back to Pride Rock, Kion." Rafiki said with a soft voice. *This does not sound good at all. Why can't he just tell me now.* Kion thought to himself.

"Could you please tell me Rafiki?" the lion asked calmly. "I'll tell you when we reach Pride Rock. I want your family to know this too." "Tell me what's wrong with me, right now!" Kion said with a loud and irritated voice. "Calm down, young king. It is best if your family hears this too, do you understand." "I could understand if I knew what is going on." "Trust me, it is better this way." As Rafiki said that, Kion calmed down again as they kept walking towards Pride Rock. "My scar was never healed, was it?" Kion asked with a sad tone.

"Mom, dad. There is someting really important you should know." Kion said as he came back up Pride Rock. "I also want Kiara to know." After he said that Kiara was called and she walked out of the den. "Kion! nice to see you again. How are you doing?" she asked. "My scar was never healed." the young lion spoke out. "What!" his family said shocked by the reveal. "The healing only put a pause on the venom in Kion's scar." Rafiki shot in. "I don't know if it still can be healed, but I need to get back to the tree of life, to see if there is still a possibility. Sorry for the visit being so short." "It is alright Kion. Nala and I will come with you." "Thanks dad." As the two lions were done talking with each other, the sister of the younger one started a conversation with her brother. "So you're leaving already? Again." "Yes Kiara, I'm so sorry, but this has to happen." "I understand, I just wish I could have come with you three, but since I'm the queen of the Pridelands now, I don't think I can leave." As she said that, her mate, Kovu, came by, with their newborn cub. "I think I can handle a few days if this is really important to you." he said. "But we already had our paws full with royal duties, now with Mrembo being with us. Are you sure you can?" "I'm one hundred percent sure Kiara, just trust me." "Alright, thank you so much Kovu." Kiara said "Thank you for having Kiara come along, it means a lot to me. Good luck." Kion said. Then he walked closer to the dark lion. "If anything goes wrong and I won't come back, take good care of Kiara for me please, she deserves the best." "I'll do, good luck." After Kovu said that, the others walked away.

"Bunga, we are leaving right now." Kion told his friend. "Now already, we have only just arrived, and you already want to leave." Bunga contradicted. "I said we're leaving. Right! Now!" Kion said again, a bit annoyed by his stubborn friend. When Bunga didn't take a step, Kion roared in anger. Bunga looked shocked by his friends behaviour, as he slowly walked over, saying goodbye to his uncles. "Looks like something is wrong with Kion, he isn't himself at all." Pumbaa said when they were out of sight. "I think something might still be wrong with that scar of his." Timon responded.

"Why are we leaving already? And why is your family coming with us?" Bunga asked, as he didn't know about the conversation that happended at Pride Rock earlier that day. "It is my scar. It wasn't healed, it's effects were just paused, like the tulisa used to do, but for a longer period of time. We are going back to the tree of life to see if it can be permanently healed." "No way, you must be kidding me. You just miss Rani and you've convinced your family to come back with you." Bunga joked around a bit. "Why would you think of something stupid like that, Bunga?" Kiara questioned, not being happy with his disbelieve in her younger brother. "Because he hasn't acted like it at all until this morning." the honey badger responded defensively. "That is because the effects were paused, as I just told you!" Kion reacted. "Forget it. Just keep moving." he followed himself up.