Chapter 4

"Hey baby, I was wondering why you hadn't called," he said, though his voice wavered throughout the sentence. I could tell he was nervous.

"Ha, I was wondering the same! How's the new chick, she's studying law, too right?" I said emotionlessly. I closed my eyes whilst waiting for his reply.

"Baby come on its not like that. Well, okay, so yeah. Maybe something happened but it was nothing serious." He rambled on.

A tear slipped from my eye. I took a deep breath. "So what happened then?"

"We slept together, but baby you don't get it! I was drunk! I didn't know what was happening!" He said, panicking, knowing that this time he had fucked up.

"Who is it, Nick? Who the fuck is it!" I mumbled viciously. I was shaking. It wasn't the first time he'd fucked up, but this was my tipping point.

"It was... fuck baby, believe me I'm so sorry!" He took a deep breath, "Jess, it was Jess."

Tears were pouring down my cheeks at this point and there was nothing that I could do to change this. There was no going back and fixing it all.

I viciously wiped the tears off my cheeks, then made my way back into the dining hall.

"Aunt Bella, do you mind if I talked to you a minute, in the living room," I said smiling, trying to mask how shitty I felt right now.

"Of course, darling," My aunt followed me out into the living room.

I turned to face her and before I could utter a word, I broke down into tears. She circled her arms around me, stroking my hair. Shushing me, attempting to console me.

"Honey, what happened. Darling please what's wrong?" She whispered into my ear.

It was times like this that I really missed my mum. These were the times I needed her most. I needed her most when stuff hurt the most.

I physically hurt. It was like I could feel my heart-breaking piece by piece. I had given Nick all of me. He was my first, fist everything. We'd been together for two years. To a seventeen-year-old, that was a long time.

"Me and Nick broke up."

"Oh honey, I'm sorry. Do you want Noah? Or Lucas?" She asked quietly.

"Noah please, tell him to come quick. Tell him what happened please I don't want to explain."

She nodded and hurried off to get Noah. I collapsed onto the sofa, holding my head in my hands. I could feel my body rack with sobs. I felt arms circle around me. I leant into their embrace and spent what felt like hours crying.

"A, please stop crying. God I'd fix it all for you if I could."

I nodded; he knew I wouldn't be stopping anytime soon. Eventually I feel asleep, I was knackered. The last three months were catching up to me all at once.

I woke up the next morning, and my whole body ached. My eyes were still red and swollen. I stretched out in bed. My stomach began churning. I lurched forward in bed and threw up all over the bed sheets. I groaned and shut my eyes. Analia wandered in then cringed at the disgusting sight in my room.

"Noah, Aaryn's sick!" She squealed. She bolted out of the room and I quickly got up off my bed. I felt the churning again and ran to bathroom.

"Fuck, Aaryn."