Chapter 17: Drunk

9:42pm. Harry appeared in a cold and dull room with bloody bed sheets and broken furniture. The house was quiet, a pin could be dropped and the whole neighbourhood would be able to hear it.

The silence was suddenly broken by a loud slam of the front door. Harry's whole body froze up when he heard about three bottles of beer hit the kitchen counter, one rolling off and breaking on the floor.

Harry quickly hid his wand, clothes and supplies underneath the loose floorboard under his bed. He unshrunk his old clothes and threw them on, putting his new clothes in the wardrobe. Every moment was rushed and Harry's breathing was more harsh than it had been before. His body was bruised and bloody, the sad thing is, this would probably be the best shape he will be in this week.

Even a few broken and fractured bones could never compare to the injuries he was about to gain.

9:44pm. Drunk stumbling from downstairs, nearing the staircase made Harry panic more than he has for a while. Ostium tried to calm him down but Harry was only reminded that he was there and quickly let him slither on top of his wardrobe. "Ostium. As your master, I order you to not come out of their until he goes away for good, I don't want you getting hurt-" Harry's whispers were quickly silenced as he heard thunderous footsteps starting to ascend the stairs. "Please, for your own health, please, please, please stay up there and do not come out until it's safe!" Harry had large tears descending down his face as the slow footsteps got closer and louder.

Ostium had no idea what to do, Hedwig was out for the time being as she was let out for hunting before Harry left. Knowing the routine, she had headed somewhere else for tonight, most likely her claimed field which was always thriving with prey. She had given a sad look to Harry before she left but Harry locked the window as soon as she left. It hurt Harry to do so, but it was for her own good.

"Vernon is drunk, which means that he could attack even an animal, I don't want you hurt as well." Ostium nodded his head before slithering to the back of the wardrobe, out of sight to anyone in the room.

9:46pm. Harry started to shake vigorously as he heard Vernon step up the last step. Silence was heard before another clink of a beer bottle could be heard, he had taken another swig of beer and was extremely pissed by now. Harry laid on his bed under the covers, praying that if Vernon saw him asleep he would go to sleep as well. He knew it wouldn't work but it was always worth a try.

Harry's body was surprisingly calm, having done this enough times to be a master. It would be impressive if not for that reason.

Locks could be heard being sloppily unlocked behind the door, Harry had to bite down in his injured lip to stop himself from sobbing loudly. Harry's door was opened menacingly slow, and closed shut as quiet as a mouse. After all the noise Vernon had made, it made his silence seem more scary.

9:49pm. Vernon stood above Harry's 'sleeping' body and smiled scarily. He dropped his tow empty bottles on the ground, a half empty bottle still in his fat clutch. His free hand reached out to grab a fistful of Harry's dark hair.

Harry nearly yelped as he was pulled out of his rickety bed by his hair. His hands shakily shot up to release Vernon's hold on his hair, and Vernon let go, Harry's thin body creating a small thump against the wooden floor.

"That trick doesn't work freak, why do you keep trying it? You're useless and retarded if you think I'm that dumb." Vernon slurred out, his voice was quiet and rough, it smelt like every type of alcohol mixed in one. "Stand up" Harry did as told, taking off his t-shirt and putting his hands against the wall, arms shaking yet holding his body steady.

9:51pm. Vernon's belt was slowly but surely slipped out of the loops and smacked onto his knee. The beer bottle was lifted up and emptied in 5 seconds, the glass bottle was pressed up against his scarred and wounded back, the dozens of tiny dips in the bottom of the bottle slid along his wounds, opening up some cuts that had never healed properly.