Chapter 2

Jacob's p.o.v

First thing I do when I arrive at the library is greet the librarian at the front. Then I hurry all the way to the back to the abandoned table nobody else except me goes and place my stuff on the part I always wipe, sit down and lay my head on the table feeling out of breath.

A moment later I feel a vibration inside my pocket which startles me because I never get a text from anyone. The only contacts I have are miss Alyssa, mom and dad so I slowly pull it out just to see a reminder that I have to charge my phone soon.

"Ugh" I huff placing it on the table and sit up in attempt to reach for a novel from the shelf closest to where I'm sitting but I fail miserably because I'm too short which is very frustrating by the way. I don't feel like getting up after that much running so I leave it at that and open my backpack instead to take the lunch box miss Alyssa fixed for me this morning.

It has toast with cheese, an avocado, two slices of oranges and two cookies in it. 'She knows exactly what I like' I think to myself as I bite on the avocado with my eyes closed. I start munching on it when the chair on the opposite site of the table moves and I open my eyes quickly and the sight in front of me makes me choke.

"Oops, sorry for scaring you" a girl with dark straight hair says sitting on the chair. She's so pretty. "I'm Abigail" she says in a high pitch voice stretching her hand towards me and I take it.

"P-Park" I say between coughs. When I release her hand, she wipes it with a tissue and smiles at me so I just frown.

"So.... what do you do at this place" she says looking around chewing on gum I'll assume and I stare at her beautiful eyes without answering until she turns towards me and raises her eyebrows. Her lips are so plump and they look so soft. She has a small nose and eyebrows that match her hair color.

"Hellooo" she says loudly waving her hand in my face.

"Huh?" I hear myself say and blink a couple of times to get back to my senses.

"What...do...you...do...here" she voices out moving her hand around as if she's speaking sign language.

"O-oh...uhm read, I usually read here" I say trying to focus and she laughs hysterically. If we weren't so far in the back, the librarian would definitely tell her to quiet down.

"Wow, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be this loud. You're just so funny to me" she smiles and I scratch my head in confusion. I'm pretty sure I'm not funny.

"Are you here every day?"

"Yes."

"Hmm, are you that lonely. Do you have any friends?" She asks in such a mocking way and I look down at the table before answering.

"Y-yes... I do" and she snorts. Did she come here to make fun of me?

"Oh really, who?" She asks.

"My nanny" I say above a whisper thinking about miss Alyssa and Abigail, the pretty girl, laughs.

"You're so hilarious. Nanny? Bro, wait till the girls hear about this" she says pulling her phone out and types something fast in it and hands it to me. "Your number and your first name" she tells me and winks. I hesitantly take it, but type my number and name in anyways.

When I hand it back to her, she looks at it and smiles at me, "Jacob huh. We're friends from now on" she says moving her hands back and forth.

"Uhm..wh-" I try, but she cuts me off.

"That means you won't keep secrets from me and we'll be helping each other out" she says all in one breath and pats my hand.

"Welcome to the squad."