Confession

I was awaken by a small sound.

For a split second, I thought I was back home in my bed and then everything came back to me. Living with Allan had made me become aware of every small noise. Especially when I was sleeping.

I looked at the alarm clock that was by my bed and saw that it was five minutes after twelve. I was about to go back to sleep, when I heard a creaking noise again. Curious as to what made that noise, I got out of bed and tiptoed to the door. I opened the door slowly and stepped out into the hallway.

As I stood outside the door of the room, I saw a figure coming up the stairs. "Carson?" I whispered.

Carson looked up quickly when he heard my voice. "Kayla, what are you doing up?" He asked in a hushed voice.

"I heard a noise and I know that you weren't home as yet." I explained. Carson was now standing at his room door, which was beside mine. Now that he was closer to me, I could see him clearly and I noticed that cuts and bruises were all over his face. "You're hurt." I said quietly.

"It's okay. You should go back to bed." He said as he began to open his room door.

I stepped closer to him and place my hand on his arm. "Let me clean those for you first."

He looked at me for a second, before he cracked a small smile. "You are stubborn, you know that right?"

"I've been told before." I replied. Carson shook his head and opened his room door. He stepped inside and I followed behind him, closing the door.

I then led Carson into his en-suite bathroom and turned on the lights. The room erupted with brightness and I could see Carson more clearly.

The cuts on his face were worst that I had thought. His left eye was dark and slightly swollen. There was also a small cut underneath it. My eyes landed on his bottom lip and saw that a small part was burst open. The other bruises on his face were minor. My eyes then caught his hands and saw that his right knuckles were bleeding.

Carson, who noticed me looking at him, sighed. "I'm fine, Kitten. These are only small bruises. I'm used to it." He said.

"Well in any case, they still need to be tended to or they won't be able to heal properly." I said taking his hand and leading him to the edge of the bathtub to sit. He sat down obediently and I took out the first aid kit from the cabinet above the sink.

I went back over to him and sat beside him on the tub. First, I took out a gauze pad and lifted his right hand. I put it over his knuckles to stop the bleeding. After, I used an antibiotic ointment to clean the cuts. He flinched for a second, but then he relaxed.

I then used a bandage to wrap around his knuckles. All the while I did that, I felt Carson watching me. Every movement I made, his eyes never left me. Feeling uncomfortable under his intense gaze, I took up an alcoholic wipe and turned to face him. When I did that, I become aware of how close I was to him. Ignoring the fast beating of my heart and Carson's stare, I used the wipe to clean the bruises on his face.

"There you go. All done." I said as I closed the first aid kit and stood up, throwing away the used cloths. Wanting to put some space between us to tame my racing heart, I went over to the cabinet to put away the first aid kit.

When I turned back around, I saw that Carson had stand up too. "Thanks." He said, giving me that heart warming smile of his.

"You're most welcome." I said. I stand there in the bathroom, not knowing what to do.

Carson lifted his eyebrow at me and grinned. "You can leave now or do you want to bathe me too." He teased lightly.

I felt my face heat up with a blush. "Um...what...no, of course not." I spluttered. "Don't flatter yourself, Knight."