11 - Fan

The screech of the senescent locker silently turfed out against the devoid deterrents. Together with a long and lean piece of mocha bread, her right hand slowly slithered up on the brisk surface of four walled hutch. Another hand crawled up, fishing out for a pair of turf soccer shoes she had been using for long where could she just buy a new one but she remained hard-shelled and never touched the money her father had sent her in the long run.

Shaking off her head, Ryujin hardened her expression, it wasn't the perfect timing to wreck her boosting confidence and hunger for the game later. She exhaled sternly, and disregarded the thought of her father filling in through her brain. He was nothing but a trash as Ryujin inked these rotten words in her for a decade, believing he was pure shit.

She slumped down on the fixed metal seat, lacing her much wornout turf shoes before she grabbed the piece of her main source of energy during every practice. Before completely leaving the emptied locker room, Ryujin assembled her favourite lucky charm over her head with a messy bun.

With an unzipped jersey jacket hung upon her forearm, Ryujin unclosed the plastic of mocha bread to have a bite. On her way out, she had this sparkling smile on her face as Lucy fulfilled her promise of buying her a mocha bread today. Wherein she could simply get it on her own, but with the unknown latter, it became something to her.

Earlier, she was frowning over the thought of her own father and right now, with this mocha bread, her whole demeanor was all blissful.

Thank you, Lucy.

To her surprise, a beautiful walking girl came across the hallway, ushering to the south. As if her own mind had its own navigator, her feet moved towards her. Ryujin reached up close by her side, chasing her fast pace.

"Yeddeong." Ryujin breathed out deeply.

Yeji wasn't at the most peaceful state, she jerked off her shoulders and clutched tighter on her corpulent books. "You seem in a hurry."

Their marches subsided so did Yeji's heart rate. "I aim to be early most of the time and also in every circumstances." She softly spoke, hearing a gentle hum.

Ryujin stole a glance from her, through her peripheral vision, she perceived an untied hair cascading down, bouncing off against Yeji's shoulders as they simultaneously put their feet on work. She looked very simple, but Ryujin liked it. A lot. She completely did.

Shutting down her eyes harshly and rapidly unfurling it, Ryujin formulated up the words she would say before Yeji caught her weirdly staring.  "Chemistry?"

"No, I'm attending Pre-Calculus."

"May I walk you to your class?" Ryujin had always been confident and impetuous, well not including that moment she badly made fun of herself with Yeji but she had always been. Since Yeji was alone, they were alone together. It wouldn't be despicable to join her.

The thumping within her chest was slowly growing, and the stillness of the hallways they were passing through wasn't helping. Yeji tried easing herself by controlling her breath, acting cool by the side of the soccer player she adored ever since. She then bit    her lip and soon released it.

"I'll love that." Unbelievably, the cat eyed girl was amazed to the way she didn't even stumble on her own words. "Thank you."

"Always welcome but should I be terrorised for that subject."

"Depends," Yeji chortled, elevating the books near her mouth to be elegant. "I like it somehow though. Even if math gives a tough time for me to understand." She had clarified, not expounding any malign comments about the dreadful subject itself. Math was her death.