Chapter 26: A Guardian

As Yamato heard some footsteps nearing him, he snapped his head to see who it was, letting his guard slightly down when he noticed it was Yusei and the others. As he noticed the (h/c) girl walking rather weirdly, he moved from leaning against the wall to lean over her shoulder. She was shaking a bit and her movements were a bit slow which gave away that something was up with her.

"Hey!" he shouted, making her jump, "What's up with you?"

"What?" she asked, tilting her head, "What do you mean? Didn't you hear the news?"

"Spit it out, girl," he scoffed.

Upon calling her that, the girl began to stomp away, pretending like he didn't exist. He became easily aggravated by this and began to mess with her. He poked at her back and when that didn't work, he pulled her collar to get her to stop walking, but she only wiggled out of his grasp. However, he was stubborn and wouldn't give up easily.

"Want some cake today, Yamato?" Yusei asked, almost teasingly.

The brunette didn't answer and instead grunted in disapproval. Though there was a slight tone of want in his voice that he covered up quickly. However, he looked back now and then at his friend, hoping he would make the decision to go despite his "disapproval".

"Cake sounds nice!" Rei said, throwing his arm around the female.

The girl jumped slightly, but when she realized that Rei was the one to touch her, she relaxed only slightly and continued walking. Yamato had noticed and raised an eyebrow, rubbing his hand against his head before he began to shake his head, remembering he was frustrated with the girl.

"I'll feed you myself, honey," the blonde insisted, "And should I see some cream on your face, I'll lick it off myself~."

"Stop being creepy," Haru said, his expression blank yet determined, "You're making her uncomfortable."

"I'm going to the council," (Y/n) said, bluntly, "B-Bye."

"Then cake after the council," Rei giggled, "C'mon, c'mon! You can sit on my lap! I'll try not to distract you too much."

There was a ringing coming from Shota's pocket and he picked up his phone, beginning to listen to it. He was a bit distracted, his eyes always drifting to the girl, wondering if she would do the same. Then his eyes went wide.

"What do you mean trouble?!" he hissed.

The girl looked back at him, making him smile slightly before turning back to the phone call. He let out an annoyed grunt before motioning for the others to go on without him while he went his separate way.

"Ignore him, honey," Rei chuckled, pushing her toward the council room.

"Wait, but - honey?"

Before she was able to say another word, she was pushed into the room and hugged by someone. She saw a flash of blue hair and instinctively hugged back, a smile gracing her features. She couldn't have known, but the action made the other males grimace. Haru was the only one that different, having more of a pouting expression than one of pure jealousy. He didn't seem to think the bluenette should have been getting so much attention while he was neglected.

"I missed you," Narahashi chuckled, "Hey, wanna work with me? I've made your favorite! Hot chocolate!"

"You seem to be doing better," (Y/n) said calmly, letting his warmth make her feel secure.

"Yeah, dad's doing a lot better," he sighed, "So I'm devoting myself to my-our work."

He hugged her tighter before picking her up and spinning her around, making her giggle. Rei snatched her from the other male and held her close, giving him a death glare. It softened when he looked down at the younger girl, his cheeks flaring pink as he giggled like a child, rubbing the back of his neck. Meanwhile, Takuya walked to the other side of the room, picking up a few papers and sitting down with them.