56 : He Lets Me Walk

F*ck.

My lungs burn and my legs quiver as the kiss consumes me.

I've wanted this for too f*cking long – but I didn't want to admit it. And now here it is. I push away the little voice in my head saying you'll regret this.

He lifts me up and continues to kiss me, walking us into the house, up the stairs, to his room.

My heart beat is getting faster and faster and faster and faster. So fast I think it might explode or I might faint.

Then he's laying me down onto his bed and he inches on top of me, kissing my lips hungrily and feverishly like he's scared he won't get this opportunity again.

My head tilts back as he leaves a trail of kisses down my neck. Everywhere he touches gives me goosebumps. A moan escapes my lips.

He pulls my shirt over my head and I take off his – letting myself examine every single bit of his skin. F*ck his body is fire.

It's instinctual. My hands trail down to his belt and I take it off quickly. His fingertips slide over my stomach and trace the space above my skirt.

I suck in a breath as he pulls it off.

I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know if it's right or wrong – but in this moment I just want to let him do whatever he wants to me. I just want to let this feeling I've had for him finally be satisfied.

I need this. Now.

I let the moment consume me – to the point where I don't know where his world ends and mine begins.

.

.

.

I wake up a few hours later and Adrian isn't asleep beside me anymore. I look under the covers and see I'm still bare. Ok, it wasn't a dream. I really did do Adrian Iris.

I hear water flowing and at first I think it's just the deathly storm outside, but warm light flowing underneath the door tells me Adrian's showering in the adjoining bathroom.

I crawl out of the sheets and knock softly on the bathroom door.

"Come in," Adrian hums.

I walk in and Adrian is in the shower. I sit myself up on the counter and the cool bench bites my *ss. "Good morning," I say, knowing very well it's night-time.

"Good morning," Adrian laughs. He has a beautiful laugh. "How did you sleep?"

"Very well," I smile to myself.

"I've been imagining this for a while," he says and I feel his gaze scanning over me.

"Imagining what?"

"Being with you."

I feel fluttering inside me and I want it to be him again. "I didn't think I was your type," I laugh.

"You're f*cking beautiful, Rose. I think you knew how I felt."

It's the first time I've heard him swear. "I didn't, I definitely didn't."

"Would you like to join me?"

I find myself blushing and I bite my lip.

"Please?" he teases.

So I do another thing that the little voice in my head is saying I'll regret.

I step into the shower and he stands in front of me with that daring smile. He walks forward, knowing I'll step back, till I'm against the wall.

I notice now how f*cking huge this shower is.

Then his hands are curled beneath my thighs and he's got me up against the wall, kissing me deeply as the water washes over us.

.

.

.

I'm panting when we're both done, aching slightly – but in a good way.

"I'm going to get a towel," I say, grinning to myself.

"Second cupboard outside," Adrian says, off in his own world, with another cheeky smile.

I walk out of the room dripping – but I know Adrian probably won't care that I'm soaking the carpet.

I walk out of his room and look for the second cupboard – except Adrian isn't as smart as he thinks he is and he forgot to inform me left or right.

Or maybe I'm trying to make light of this instead of thinking of the implications of my actions.

You can't just f*ck with people, Rose.

I know that. I know I can't just mess with people's emotions. I know I'm not over Sylv, even though clearly he's done with me. But that doesn't mean I can't fall for Adrian. It doesn't mean I can't give whatever is going on here a chance for however long it lasts.

Maybe I just need to forget Sylv and this is how.

Focusing back on finding a towel, I open up three doors that are all empty cupboards. There are two more. I open up the nearest to me and am surprised that it's not a cupboard at all – but seems to be a hidden room.

My eyebrows furrow as I step inside. What the f*ck is this place?

I walk in deeper and take in my surroundings. The room is dark but I can make out the silhouette of computer screens. I find the light switch and turn it on.

Then I gasp – so loudly that I'm sure Adrian heard me.

I spin around the room and want to scream.

There are pictures pinned to the walls, desks filled with files and documents and papers, cameras and video screens.

Everywhere is photos of me – photos of me and Sylv, photos of me and Auntie, photos of me and Paige. I open the computer screen to a video of me going into Scott's apartment after Paige died.

On the desk in front of me are letters addressed to someone called Bo Dean Jay. I rip one open and read.

Adrian, I'm struggling to find the appeal in the character you've chosen to follow. I need more.

Bo Dean, I'm working on her. She's slowly opening up to me. Wait – she's worth it.

Adrian, use your charm. I'm getting impatient.

Bo Dean, it worked.

I'm puffing loudly now – fury boiling inside me.

There's one final letter scrawled out, it looks fresh and hasn't been sent.

Bo Dean, I saw her scars today – they're definitely real. Her whole back is destroyed. Can't believe old mate Xavier Chosen could do this to his own granddaughter. We've hit the jack pot, my friend. I'll get the whole story out of her soon.

It's dated today.

"Rose," Adrian says from behind me.

I whip around. "What the f*ck is all this!? You've been stalking me? What the hell?"

"Rose – I can explain-"

"Get the f*ck away from me. You've been using me – this whole time. This whole time you tricked me into thinking I actually was something to you – but it's been about my grandfather and the sh*t he did, not the Wittle's. And I made it easy for you."

I storm up to him and push him hard against the chest. He stumbles backwards out of the door. When he steadies himself, I swipe the back of my hand across his face.

The sound shocks us both. "Stay the f*ck away from me," I spit – tears brimming my eyes.

He doesn't say anything. He lets me walk out.