Chensung/NCT

If you don't like sub jisung that's a personal problem not my problem. So no I don't want to hear about it in the comments. Just don't read it. Okay? Okay. Glad we understand.

Now if you do like sub jisung enjoy.

AU

Summary- jisung failed a test for the first time and is devastated. Chenle is there to make him feel better.

Fluff, fluff, and yep you guessed it more fluff.

Jisung is literally a perfect student. Gets good grades, always on time, never complains.

He's really hard on himself in every thing. From academic to dancing.

Jisung had taken a test that had nothing to do with what he was learning in school but it was mandatory. It didn't count against any classes and it wasn't going to be on his record but he still studied as hard as he could though he didn't understand a lot of it.

His mom and Chenle both told him multiple times it didn't matter how he did on the test as it was pointless and wasn't going to effect his accomplishments in any way. That didn't matter to him. He still thought he had to do perfect on it.

The day of the test he didn't feel well. He was sick the whole day before and hadn't gotten better.

The scores came out during winter break and Chenle happened to be over when jisung got them.

Jisung looked at the scores and broke down in tears. Mumbling he was stupid.

"Baby you're not stupid. It's okay. " Chenle spoke pulling him into a hug

Jisung shook his head "I-it's not!" He sobbed

"Yes it is. Those scores do not define you or your academic abilities. They mean nothing" Chenle held him close as he sobbed

"I-I should've done better!" Jisung cried

"Baby, you studied as much as you could, you did your best. You were sick that day, you were stressed. There's nothing more you could've done. It's okay. I promise it's okay" Chenle spoke

Jisung just sobbed saying he should've done better and that it wasn't okay.

Chenle let him cry just holding him close until he calmed down.

"Listen to me." Chenle spoke lifting Jisungs head "you are not stupid. It is okay you didn't do great on the test. You don't have to be perfect all the time. You studied as much as you could. You did your best. You didn't feel well that day so that didn't help anything. It's not because you're stupid. It's not because you didn't study enough. The test was stupid. It was pointless. It doesn't matter. You are so smart. You don't give yourself enough credit for what you've already done. It's okay not to be amazing at everything. No one expects you to. You did your best and I'm proud of you no matter what." Chenle wipes jisungs tears with his thumbs "it's okay"

Jisung nodded trying not to cry anymore he laid his head back down on Chenles shoulder.

Chenle rubbed his back kissing his forehead before laying him down covering him up "get some rest."

"Cuddle?" Jisung asked softly

Chenle smiled and laid with him "of course" he pulled him into his arms holding him tightly rubbing his back gently.

It was a day full of crying and reassuring. Chenle spent his day making jisungs better. Reminding him of all the amazing things he'd done and all of the tests he'd passed.

Jisung finally stopped being upset and they ate chicken watching movies cuddled together all night.

Short. Different but a reminder. If you failed a test it's okay. It doesn't define you. It doesn't make you any less smart. Some people are better at other things than others. That test is over. Finished. And the only thing stupid was the test.

I hope everyone is doing well back at school. Eat well, stay healthy and remember it's okay to not be perfect all the time! And if you haven't heard it today. Hello, good morning, you're doing great. I believe in you. -B