Not Many People Get Kidnapped In An Airport

All I have to say is: Don't kill me.

That is all.

_____________________

Chapter Nineteen-Not Many People Get Kidnapped In An Airport

I watch in horror as Mitch drags his finger over Harley’s neck. She just glares at him. “I should’ve known you were in on this.”

“My dear, you weren’t suppose to. That was the plan, and it worked,” He chuckles in that voice I’ve trusted for years. Now it just sounds like pure evil and…dirt. Before I can charge and attack his ass, he holds up a pointed finger and turns around slowly. His eyes dart around the place like he owns it. “Bart, change back. Right this instant or I will not hesitate to kill her.”

Clutching my jaw, I turn back into view. I’m twenty feet away from all of them. Ralphie is on my left, while the others are on the right, ten feet apart from each other. Mitch smiles, showing his teeth. If I saw that smile yesterday I would smile back. Now it just looks like he’s cold and hallow. “Bart, my boy. Good, good.”

“What the hell, Mitch?” I spit, trying not to lash out on him. Harley’s life is in stake, here.

He shrugs. “I use to work in the vampire police industry before I retired. They called me up, asked if I could help solve a case.” He check marks the air. “Case solved.”

“You son of a bitch!”

“Now, now, Barty. She’s a criminal. I can give you a choice. A,” He steps around in a circle, “you may stay here and go to prison with her or,” He emphasizes the word ‘or’ by dragging it out, “you may turn around, go back to the resort, and act like this never happened.”

Harley sends me a pleading look. “Bart, listen to me, go back to the resort! Go! Right now!”

I give her a hard stare, and turn back to Mitch. “You hired her to lure her in? To send her off to prison?”

He shrugs. “It was either that or kill her.”

“But you have no proof that she escaped prison! Nothing!”

“Oh really? What’s this then?” He rips out a piece of paper and stalks over to me. “Take a look at this, my boy.”

I swipe the paper away from his greedy hands. Casting a glance at it, I see it’s extremely dark out. There are some prison walls that look like they’re made out of brick. In between the two corners of where the walls meet, there’s a girl running. Her blonde wisps of hair trail behind her in the wind. Of course, you can’t see her face.

“That’s not proof!” I scoff, crumbling it into a ball and chucking it behind me. “That could be anybody! It’s her damn sister, Mitch! You have the wrong girl!”

Mitch scoffs. “She’s lying, Bart. Who are you going to believe? A girl that needs to do jail time, that will do anything to prevent it from happening? Or,” He pauses, “The boss you’ve been trusting and working with for the past four years?”